²⁷

Why did she think that it was a good idea, to meet up with Rafe in a place with no people around, at night, she had no idea. But there she was going down and sending next to a little shed, she wasn't going to call out for him, he was here somewhere and he probably knew that she was already there.

She looked down behind the shed and she saw him. He gave her a little smile and walked closer to her, she stepped back, all that was running through her head right now, was how he choked her next to her car in the middle of the road, how he choked her again in the shed with the boat, in front of her friends, almost killing her. How he shot around like a maniac and managed to hit her, how he continuously kept on texting her when she was in Cali, even though she had told him that she didn't want him to text her anymore. She was scared of him and yet she still came here, without telling anyone.

"It's okay. I just." He said and pointed at his head rolling his eyes, he looked worried and gave off serial killer vibes, so she once again moved back, he reached his hand forward. "I just wanted to talk, for a little bit."

"Just don't come near me." She said and stood there looking at him.

"Just what you do Violet." He said and put his hands on his head, running them through his hair and then tapping his fingers on the sides of his head. "What you do affects me, don't you get that?" Violet looked at him not believing him.

"You shot Sarah, Rafe. You shot me." She said and showed him her arm, he looked at it confused and raised his hands. Then started pacing around pointing at himself then at her.

"I did not do that. I never shot you. And again it's always my fault, huh? Like I uh. I want to protect what's mine that I got, by my work!" He started raising his voice and kept on anxiously moving his arms around, pointing at himself and holding his chest, like he was the victim. Violet got closer to him.

"Rafe. It's not yours." She said softly and shook her head. He raised his voice again.

"Like I'm wrong! To protect what's mine!" He shouted and Violet just shivered and was starting to become more and more scared of him and he had started to notice, he lowered his arms and bit his lip, looking at her and shaking his head. "Listen to me." He spoke softly this time, almost in a whisper. "The cops are going to talk to Sarah, and I want you to make sure that the story is straight, because." He said his expression has softened, Violet looked at him.

"You killed Peterkin." Violet said looking at him with a cold look in her eyes. "Our stories are straight. So is hers." She said and instantly felt his expression harden, he looked at her with darkened eyes and that's the moment she felt like the prey. He looked like an animal, ready to attack and eat her whole. Rafe looked up and rolled his eyes. "Listen to me. This will go better for you if you just." She started to say to him softly and kind of rushed but she couldn't finish her sentence.

"Who are you trying to protect." Rafe asked through his teeth and got closer to her face.

"I'm trying to do the right thing! So is Sarah, Rafe!" Violet snapped at him but she could feel the tears starting to form. He was scaring her, she needed to get the fuck away from him.

"Doing the right thing got Sarah shot! You following JJ and the damn Pogues, got you shot as well!"

"Rafe are you even listening to yourself." She said in a whisper still holding eye contact.

He stood back away from her and sat down on something still looking at her.

"You've always been against me. Even when I was ready to give you everything I had you still chose some pogue scum, who can't even buy you dinner. I finally get it, I loved you and you were always against me." Violet shook her head and felt the tear rolling down her cheek. Rafe started shaking his head as well and pointed at her. "Don't shake your head when you know it's true. I was ready to give you the world! I fucking love you!"

"Rafe you choked me! You choked me twice and almost killed me the last time! You call that love? How can you call that love! You have a problem Rafe! And I wanted to help you and I actually liked you, you have no idea how many times I was the only one who spoke nice of you!" Rafe started shaking his head and she could see his eyes filling with tears, but he blinked them away and the same cold, heartless expression returned.

"You're right. We do have a problem. And one thing about me Violet is that I'm a proactive type of person. We got a problem and we're gonna fix it tonight." He spoke while still being sat on the step. She looked around and knew what he meant by that, she had watched enough true crime documentaries so she waisted no more than another second to start running away.

She thought that she was getting away but he quickly caught up to her, Violet felt Rafe grab her from behind and roll her around pressing her against something, she looked down, it was a big bucket of water, enough for her whole body to fit into. She looked down and then at Rafe, who was only centemeters away from her.

"Rafe, please. Please Rafe. It's me." She cried out softly. "It's Violet. Rember, the one that got her very first kiss from you. Remember? Violet that helped you with your wound. It's me Rafe." His eyes softened for a second but they hardened as quickly if not even faster.

"You chose him and you'll let me fry. No one will have you if I can't." Violet saw the single tear that rolled down his eyes.

"No." She shrieked and he submerged her into the water with a grunt. She was kicking and trying to get away, but she couldn't. She tried to fight him and all of a sudden he got her out. She immediately started calling his name, pleading with him, she was cold from the freezing cold water in the damn thing, she was starting to not breathe properly and was panicking. The tears were streaming down her face. He shouted that it was her fault and she had done this to herself. "Rafe! Rafe!" Violet desperately tried to grab ahold of his neck and just pull herself out, tried to climb on him, to not submerge her again, she reached for his neck, shirt, anything that she could grab. But he didn't even think for a second to push her back into the water. She tried to fight him off, he was just too strong. She started to feel the air escape her lungs, and the panic was starting to fade, so was her vision. Her eyes closed shortly after the air escaped her lungs, she only felt Rafe drop her and with the last drop of strength she had she grabbed the end of the big bucket thingy and someone grabbed her, pulling out. She didn't even see who it was she just, kneeled down to the ground and started coughing. She heard someone beating up Rafe and that someone walked up to her and grabbed her shoulders, she finally looked at the person. It was Topper. She had no idea what he was doing there and how he knew that they were there, but she didn't even care.

"Topper." She whispered and just raised her arms up, quickly pulling him in a small hug. She laid her head on his chest and started coughing.

"Come on." He said and helped her up. She didn't even wanted to know about how he knew at that point, she just wanted to go home. He helped her to his car, which was parked next to hers, she opened the door.

"Thank you. Thank you for saving my life." She said and started to get emotional, the tears were running down her cheeks. Topper looked at her and wiped her tears off.

"It's okay, Violet. Do you want me to take you somewhere?" She shook her head and hugged him one more time. He was basically a stranger to her, but he had just saved her life. "Are you sure? You can drive?" She nodded and started her car. "Sarah said to tell you to call her."

Sarah. How did she know?

Topper patted Vi on the back and smiled at her. He started to walk away and she quietly called him. Topper stopped and turned to look at her.

"Thank you Top." The boy smiled and nodded his head.

"My pleasure. Get home safe, yeah?"