¹¹

"It's Ward. He's talking to Ward." Pope said from the back seat and Vi and Kie looked each other. Violet kept her distance but was close enough to Gavin's vehicle so that Pope could listen in. At least she thought.

"Get closer. I can't hear." Pope said and Vi nodded her head slightly pressing the gas pedal. "He's talking about renegotiating something." Pope kept silent for few more seconds as Vi just kept driving and was getting anxious. What if he notices? "He's got the gun. Rafe's gun." Violet looked at JJ and Pope through the mirror thrn at Kie.

"Holy fucking shit." Vi said and shook her head as the others said their own holy shit's. Pope has pushed JJ to the side as he himself sat in the middle and put both oh his arms around the seats.

"I think he's trying to use it as extortion, leverage." Violet noticed the stoplights flash on Gavin's truck and he slowly pulled over.

"He's pulling over!" Vi said anxious.

"He's panicking."

"I'm panicking!" Vi whisper shouted. "What do I do?"

"Just go!" Kie said.

"Go around the block, just go." JJ said calmly and Vi kept her gaze focused on the road ahead of her. She nodded.

"We are going to loose him." Kiara said and the boys cussed.

"Go Violet." JJ shouted from the back seat as she took the turn.

"Go, go." Pope said as she was getting mad. She hated when people yelled at her when she was driving.

"I'm fucking going!" She shouted back and then stopped, they noticed the workers. The road was fucking closed.

"What the fuck is this?" JJ asked as Vi stopped her car.

"Just back up!" Kiara shouted at her.

"Just pull in there and back up." Violet pressed the break and turned to look at them.

"Just shut up! I know how to back up." She said and started to, but then a fucking worker walked behind her with a red flag raised high and some machinery pulled up. Pope opened the door and just ran off as JJ opened it to start yelling at the man, he noticed Pope running away and jumped off closing the door, he opened Vi's door.

"We're going after him, yeah?" She shook her head.

"What about."

"I'll back up and meet you there okay?" Kie said and Violet nodded quickly jumping out, JJ grabbed her hand and both of them started running, Violet shout a thank you and almost fell down as she was looking at Kie.

"Come on Vi." JJ dropped her hand as they watched Pope ran towards a fence, jumping it. Which was necessary, they could've just ran back, the way they came.

"Pope." She shouted as she looked at the fence, not sure if she would make the jump. JJ quickly made it and stood at the top.

"Come on you can do it." He said and Violet took a deep breath, running towards the fence and jumping as high as possible, she grabbed it and hold into it tight, kicking herself up. JJ jumped down and grabbed her, putting her down. Violet looked at him and could feel her cheeks redden. JJ grabbed her hand once again and they ram off. They noticed a pool with a bunch of teens in it.