¹⁸

kiemberly🧸 attached a photo:

Violet jumped out of her bed and quickly pressed the pause button on her tv remote

Violet jumped out of her bed and quickly pressed the pause button on her tv remote. She quickly read the note and her phone started ringing.

"Did you get it?"

"We have to go now, if we want to make it in time." Violet said and quickly got up fixing up her bed and walking to her closet, grabbing quickly a hoodie and putting it on, she was about to grab her car keys, when it hit her that she didn't have a car for the time being. She cursed at herself.

"Guys my car's at the mechanic."

"Can't you get your dad's car?" Pope asked from the other side of the phone and Violet chuckled shaking her head.

"That Benz is his second baby, Pope. No way in hell he's letting me have it."

"All right, we'll figure something out and we'll come get you." JJ said and Violet could hear the shouting in the background. "Right after Kie figures out something with her parents."

"Alright J."

"See you soon V."

Violet grabbed her bag and walked down the stairs. She grabbed few snacks and threw them in her bag.

"Dad!" She called out and Axel quickly answered her back. "Can I go with the guys to Charleston, for a little trip?"

"Charleston?" Violet nodded and looked up at her dad with hope in her eyes. "When will you be back and what will you be doing there?"

"There's this really great exhibition at the museum that Pope really wants to see, he'a gonna be writing about it for a school project." Axel looked at her suspiciously, but decided to let her go.

"Alright then. What is it about?" Axel asked and Violet just looked at him, blinking slowly.

"Uhm." She started and her phone started to ring. "He hasn't exactly told me yet." Axel looked up from his phone with raised eyebrows, clearly not believing her.

"I see. Well okay then! Have fun, text me from time to time, alright?" Violet nodded and quickly put on her shoes.

"Thank you dad! Love you!" She shouted as she made her way out of the door. Violet scrunched her nose when she saw the car that they had managed to get. It was Heyward's old truck which had a lot of damn problems, one that Pope's cousin was always fixing up, and could never seem to get it to work properly.

JJ opened the door for her from the inside and she jumped in. 

"Hello, children. How was school?" Violet asked with a big smile and threw her bag in the back the gang laughed.

"Well someone's going everyday but he still can't read cursive. So the answer is better for some and not so much for others." Pope said and JJ started making face, mocking him while he talked.

"Actually Pope, school does not teach us how to read cursive, you know that our education system is failing us, miserably so do not blame me. I'm not the one to blame." Violet just looked at them and let out a chuckle, she looked at Kie, who looked zoned out.

"What's wrong Kie?" Kie just scoffed and rolled her eyes. Vi looked at Pope and JJ.

"Her parents. They had a fight."

"Oh."