²⁶

Violet was sat on the third row in court, Axel Snow to her left and JJ on her right. Violet looked around the room and saw Ward Cameron and Rose. Violet looked at her dad who was already looking at Ward. She could see even from the distance how Ward swallowed and looked once again at the judge, pretending to not be bothered. Axel felt the little smile creep on his face, he was making it obvious that he knew, even if Violet had not told him who had done it, there was no one else besides Ward who could've. But this time he was finally out of bullets and it was  Snow's turn to fire back.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with murder, first degree with aggravated  circumstances." Violet wrapped her hands around JJ's and squeezed it tight. She looked at her feet and tightly shut her eyes closed waiting for the sentancing. "If found guilty the maximum sentancing will be the death penalty." Violet opened her eyes and couldn't believe what she was hearing. They were going to sentence him to death? The people around them all stood up, most of them were happy, the only ones who were heartbroken were the ones that knew the truth. JJ quickly stood up shouting at the judge and pointing at John B.

"He's only seventeen! He's seventeen!" JJ started to trash around but Axel Snow quickly stood up and put a hand on his shoulder blade. He looked him in the eyes.

"JJ." Axel said and JJ nodded, Axel nodded his head. Axel patted the boy on the back, but Violet couldn't keep quiet. Sarah walked forward but a cop grabbed her pushing her back.

"Let go of her!" Violet shouted and leaped at the cop, Axel's strong arm wrapped around her and she couldn't walk to Sarah, but didn't stop her from fighting with her dad's arm and shouting at the cop to let Sarah go. Kie jumped at him and he finally let her go. Kie grabbed her and they followed JJ, Vi and Axel out. All the people around them were congratulating the murderers. Like they had won a fucking Nobel prize or something for getting a teenager in jail, and if found guilty - executed. Axel and JJ were having a conversation while Violet was listening in into Ward's conversation with a man who was once again congratulating him and telling him that he was glad that the system was working, Violet looked at her dad and almost kept her tongue behind her teeth, but she just couldn't keep it that way.

"Can you shut up?" Violet spoke up and walked few steps down the path, Ward and the men stopped and looked at her. "Of course you think the system works, cause it's designed to protect you and people like you!" One of the man looked at her and opened his mouth, speaking very loudly at first.

"He'll have his day in court." Axel walked closer to his daughter and the man lowered his voice. "A jury will decide."

"He shouldn't even be in court." Axel put a hand on her waist and she pushed it away. "You should!" She had her finger pointed at Ward. The flashed from the cameras around them were not stopping, so she said it. "Cause you're a murderer! You got a lot of nerve showing up to court!" She said almost letting out a chuckle. Shoupe and some of his troops started to walk towards her, but Axel just pointed at Shoupe.

"Don't you dare touch her." He said in a low voice and Shoupe stopped raising his hands up. Ward's voice made Axel look the other way.

"I know you're upset. I understand you're upset." Ward started walking towards Violet and Axel just walked in front of her, Ward came face to face with Axel's chest and looked up at him. "He's got you fooled." Ward continued and looked back at Violet.

"I'm not just upset!" Violet shouted and dashed forwards, JJ quickly grabbing her.

"Ward, you do not speak to my daughter." Axel said and looked down at him while Vi's friends were holding her back. "Got that?" Axel said and you could see the anger from miles away. "Go." Ward just turned to Rose and started walking away.

JJ just kept looking at Axel Snow. He had such authority, it was fucking amazing. While the girls were talking Axel walked towards the boys. He gave the Jeep's key forward, and put it in JJ's hand.

"Take them home or to John B's place. Ground yourself JJ, we'll get John B out." The man patted JJ on the back and JJ just nodded at him with rosy cheeks. Axel Snow just handed him the key to Violet's car. Not Pope. Not Kie, not even Violet. Him. JJ Maybank.

"I have some important bussiness to attend to, text me later, Violet May." Violet nodded, still feeling the anger building inside of her.

Once they got to the Chateauo, another argument started. JJ once again wanted to go and save John B himself. They argued and argued all of them shouting and soon enough JJ just grabbed his bike keys and stormed off.

"I think we should be worried."

"We definitely should"

"I'll call him later, I doubt he'll brake into jail." Violet said and all of them agreed, he can't be that stupid right?

As Sarah was texting her sister. Violet got a notification.

Popped up on her screen when she showed it her face

Popped up on her screen when she showed it her face. She looked around and saw Kie walk away from confused Pope and glued her eyes on her phone. What could he possibly want?

She sighed and looked at the time it was currently 6

She sighed and looked at the time it was currently 6. She stood up and cleared her throat.

"I'll be heading home for a few hours guys. Then I'll try calling JJ again later, if you find anything useful call me as soon as you can, okay?" They all nodded their head and Violet walked out to her jeep. She turned it on and quickly drove it home, changing her clothes. She made sure to forget the hoodie at home, so that Rafe could see what he had done.