²⁴

The morning has finally come. Violet's arm was all bandaged up, by Sarah, while she was changing her own bandage she insisted on bandaging Violet's arm once again, even though her arm had stopped bleeding at this point. JJ had given her a tank of his, which was a little bit too big for her but it was loose so she had tightened it into a knot. She had managed to fall asleep on the chairs outside, but got abruptly awoken by JJ.

"They're here." She nodded her head and he helped her up, the four of them making their way towards the dock, before they could tie up the boat.

They ran down as John B and Sarah were going as fast as they could, cause of Sarah's wound, which had once again started to hurt her a lot.

"Guys! Don't tie up." JJ shouted and jumped in the boat.

"We slept down on the beach." JJ looked at Pope.

"Slept. Yeah." He said and rolled his eyes. "We were up all night."

"What happened?"

"Rafe knows we're here. We gotta go." Sarah said as John B and Vi helped her into the boat.

"We gotta dip. Like right now." JJ said and when everyone was in the boat, he started it and off they went. JJ rode the boat to a very distant and secure, or at least they hoped, place down the swirling river banks, that flowed into the sea. They stood there for a while and a little argument later, Sarah turned on the boat, and made her way to her dad's. Violet didn't knew if it was the best idea ever, but Sarah wanted to, and she sure as hell needed it, so Vi understood completely.

Her phone started ringing and she went to pick it up, the whole group jumped at her and shouted a no. She looked at them confused.

"It's just my dad." She said and JJ shook his head.

"He could have the cops on the other end."

"No JJ. He doesn't."

"You can't be sure." She let out a groan and ended the call, putting her phone in her back pocket. And raised her hands.

"Fine."

"Let's go get some firewood." Kie said and Violet jumped up following behind her, leaving the boys to themselves. They didn't talk that much, none of them knew what to say, and none of them wanted to say anything right now and it was fine. When they got back they could see Sarah pulling up. Violet and Kie dropped the firewood.

"Sarah!" Kie shouted and all of them ran down to the boat, Sarah looked miserable. It hasn't gone how she had expected it to.

JJ started to cover to boat with leaves as Sarah told them that it didn't work.

"Well that settles it guys. Now y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon" JJ ran to them and pointed to the boat. "And get the heck out of Dodge right now."

"You'll need supplies and you'll have to split up as soon as possible." Violet sighed and looked towards the water, it was swarming with cop boats. She froze and grabbed JJ's arm, he looked at her perplexed.

"I think it's too late." Violet said and the gang all looked to the water, the sirens were now heard. "They followed you, here." Vi said and JJ wrapped his hand around hers. Interwining their fingers.

"Must've been your father." John B said as Sarah just stood there.

"Go." Violet said and tugged on JJ's hand.

"Go. Run!" Pope shouted and everyone quickly dashed the opposite direction. They crossed a little river bank and ran into the woods. They ran into the tall grass, JJ's hand was still wrapped tightly around Vi's. They neared another river bank, and JJ helped her in, then Kie and Sarah. The boys jumping in after them. When they crossed it, the police officer was pretty close behind. Violet could feel her heart thumping in her chest. Kie quickly hid behind a tree and Violet kneeled down next to her, the other following.

"We can climb it." She said and watched as the police cars, had also came and were pretty, close, she looked the other way and the troops were a few feet from there, there was no way in hell to climb the tree without being seen.

"We're trapped. They surrounded us." Violet put her hands around her head and tried to steady her breathing. The officers were shouting from every direction, the police car stopped right in front of them and Violet just put a hand on Sarah's knee and Sarah just squeezed it. John B started walking towards the cops with his hands held high, the other stood up from the ground doing the same. Schoupe shouted for them to not move. He walked to John B who shouted that he wanted to testify, Schoupe grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

"Let him go!" Violet shouted as Sarah cried next to her.

"Stop!" Kiara joined her as well. The big cop, named Thomas started kicking John B around, Sarah was crying, Violet and Kiara were shouting for him to stop, while JJ kept shouting at the other cops, as of why they were letting him kick around a fucking kid who was already on the ground and has surrendered. He grabbed John B by his shoulders.

"This is for Peterkin." Thomas said and just hit John B one more time, straight in the face. Knocking him out.