Chapter 3

"Shooters at the wall!"

Multiple shots fired from both sides.
"You called it LT."

I shifted between windows trying to get a better aim, "Shit. It's so hard to see with all this fucking fog."
"RPG-" The warning came too late. The plane shook and rocked back and forth as the RPGs impacted the ground beside it. I grew dizzy but shook it off. "FUCK MAN- FUCK."

"Get your gun up."

How is this man unfazed?

More shots were fired, it was all between Hassan's men and ours. I was quick to notice a soldier running towards us. He dodges every single bullet. I grew weary and pulled out my VEL 46. That for sure killed him. "They're getting close."

I stupidly try to walk out to get a better aim. There are 4 soldiers walking towards us. "Oh my god."

I shoot back and run back into the plane. "Shit shit shit." I reload my weapon, and I'm pushed to the wall by Ghost as he shoots 2 of the 4 soldiers that were most closest to the hanger.

This fucking guy-

His left arm is beside my head, trapping me from moving away. I grew even more nervous when he looked at me. I mean.. who wouldn't be. "Get your head in the game. Lieutenant.."

My heads in the game alright. How about I give you he-

Ghost moved off of me and returned to his post. I looked over at Soap. He said nothing but raised his eyebrows at me. What?

"Cover the rear." Ghost yelled at Soap.

Soap nodded and looked at me again. Bro why are you looking at me. I'm innocent as fuck. Stop.

Soap throws all kinds of shit back there, grenades, what I think was a flash bang. "Kill confirmed."

"Secure the ramp, Soap."
I ordered, partially focused on the men in front of me.

"We clear?"
"For now, stay sharp on that tree line."

"7-6, call for fire. I want close air on that tree line."
"Rog. Calling it in."

Ghost turned to look at both of us, "Dig in lads. We're not done yet."
"0-7, CAS is three minutes out."
"Rodger that, air supports inbound."

"Hey we got smoke at the tree line-" I pointed out the obvious. "No visual."
"Yeah I don't see shit."

"Incoming! Take cover."

Grenades launched, shots fired. Bodies dropped.

Last few soldiers were hidden in the trees. I couldn't exactly pinpoint where my target was. But I shot anyways, to my surprise, it hit.
"Huh, could barely see that person."

"No movement.. you two good?" We nodded.

"2-3 got hit. He's gone."

"7-2, I need you up here now."
"Rog. Moving."

"Ghost. We should fall back into the house." Soap suggested.
"Negative- We clear this position and push. If Hassan's still here. He's out ahead. 7-6, patch us through to air support."
"Rog. Stand by..."

"7 Actual, Kilo 0-1. Fire is one mike out."
"Kilo 0-1, you're cleared hoy on anything forward of our position. Danger close approved."
"Roger that."