Chapter 21 - Trapped

(No Ships)

Rush slowly woke up and sat up. "Where... Where am I...?" He looked around, trying to find Ambush, but he did not find him anywhere. "No... No... Where is he?!" Then, he saw a person at a corner. He walked towards the person and called out. "Hey, where are we?" he asked. Then, he walked closer. "You're trapped here too, huh?" the person said. That voice... That voice sounds familiar... "Wait... Halt?! Is that you?!" The person looked at Rush. "R—Rush?!" Rush ran towards Halt and hugged him as tears streaked down his face. Halt hesitated, then said, "It's amazing to see you! I've been dying of boredom here!" "I thought I lost you..." Rush said, letting go. "I would never!" Halt said, tears forming in his eyes. "I've been looking for you... I thought you abandoned us..." Halt laughed. "Abandon? Why would I do that?" "I don't know... Times are rough... Mostly for me... It's just—the past few days have been quite wild ones..." "Seems like you've been through quite a lot since I was gone." "I have... You can understand what I'm feeling every time... I wish I could... Seems like a good thing..." Rush said. "Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. Sometimes, other's feelings affect me as well. Especially when you and Seek argue..." "I'm sorry... It's just, I can't control myself... Especially when we just—says things to me for no reason! Like, I wasn't even doing anything to him! It's so infuriating!" Halt patted his back. "I hope one day you two can resolve all of your problems." "Let's hope..."

Suddenly, the door to the room opened, and Ambush was dropped in. "Hey! Why'd you lock us in here?!" Rush called out, but there was no response, the door slammed shut. Rush and Halt ran towards Ambush, he was still unconscious. "Ambush! Wake up!" Rush said, shaking him. Ambush slowly opened his eyes. "R–Rush...? Is that you?" "Yes! It's me! Halt's here as well!" Ambush sat up and looked around. "Where are we...?" "Some person kidnapped us..." Ambush looked at Halt. "Halt? Is this where you've been this past few days?" he asked. "Yeah... It's boring here!" They were in a concrete room, with no windows and only a single light giving out light. "Wow... I'm already starting to feel bored..." Ambush said. "Well, we're gonna need to make an escape plan..." Rush said. "How? There's nothing here, that door's locked and we're being watched at all times!" Halt asked.

The door opened again, and a bag of bread was tossed in. "What is this?" Rush asked. "Your food, obviously." a voice from outside said. Rush stood up and tried to escape, but the door closed before he could reach it. "How are we going to drink?!" Ambush asked loudly. They heard a groan coming from outside as the door opened and three bottles  filled with water. "Is this all?" Rush asked. "Yup... Same thing everyday..." Halt said sadly. Rush went over to the door and inspected it. "Don't bother, it's locked." Halt said. "Maybe... We could pick the lock? But we'd need a wire or something..." Ambush suggested. Rush started to look around, and found nothing. "Well, let's just eat for now, it's been a tiring day." Ambush said. "Ugh! And I can't even meet Spirit here!" Rush said frustrated. "Who's Spirit?" asked Halt. "Never mind..."

As Halt opened his bottle, he realised something. "Hey, there's a wire just below this cap, maybe we could use it?" "Great idea!" Ambush said. Halt took the wire off. "Let me pick the lock, I think I know how..." Ambush said. And so, Halt passed the wire to Ambush. Ambush walked towards the lock and started picking it using the wire. After a few minutes the door came open. "Alright, door's open!" "Wow Ambush... I didn't know you could pick locks! Where'd you learn how to?" Rush asked. "To be honest, I have no idea, I just felt like I could..." "Well, we don't have all day, let's find an exit!" Their kidnapper however, already knew they had escaped through the camera, he quickly opened the door of his room and ran towards their location.