Spirit's Backstory - Epilogue

A few years had gone by. And there were a few changes in the hotel. Firstly, Spirit had realised that anyone in the Hotel was stuck in there by an invisible barrier. Not the biggest deal, she supposed. After all, she wasn't even planning on leaving anyway.

Secondly, she had learnt way more about Shadow. But even still he was still just as crazy as he was back then.

Thirdly, she had worked on her magical skills a lot. Hopefully, she was as good of maybe even better Shadow; that would be immensely useful against any future conflicts with him.

However, Spirit had still not seen Hide, let alone be able to rescue him since her last encounter.

But the fourth and final change was probably the most significant. Over the years, the people who had gone missing all those years ago gradually started appearing, although it seemed like Shadow had wiped most of their memories using the same machine he used on Glitch. But at least they still knew their names, they were: Rush, Ambush, Halt, Seek, Screech, Timothy, Eyes and Figure. And it also turns out that Figure is blind.

None of the entities knew of Spirit's existence (at least, not yet). But Spirit would also watch everyone relax in the Main Hall, the place she and Hide relaxed so many times.

However, Spirit really didn't like it when Rush and Seek would argue (which is every moment), especially when she was trying to sleep.

The past few days, Spirit had been creating a small little device that would detect magic that was being casted in the Hotel (not including Shadow's lair) that was not from her. She knew that it wouldn't be used much, if at all. After all, Shadow and Hide had been underground for years now.

However, one night, when Spirit was trying to sleep, her device was set off. "Wh-what? That's odd..." she said. Fearing the worst, she pulled out her map and started to track Shadow.

He wasn't in his lair like usual. In fact, he was roaming around the hallways, especially the ones near Rush's room. But all of a sudden, the dot disappeared and was back in Shadow's lair. Spirit heaved a sigh of relief. But just to make sure that nothing bad would happen, she would follow Rush in her light form for a few days, just to make sure. She followed far behind him in the hallways, and watched him in the library. But everything seemed normal.

But after one particular argument between Rush and Seek, Spirit's device had once again been set off, and this time, it broke shortly after. "Oh, boy, here we go again..." Spirit looked at the map. This time, Shadow was pacing back and forth along the hallway outside of Rush's room. "Oh no..." Spirit immediately went over to Rush's room to warn him.

When she reached Rush's room, she turned into her human form again. A bright light flooded the room, and when it dimmed down, Spirit took a deep breath.

"What in the world...?" Rush mumbled to himself.

"Hello there, Rush."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Spirit, but some also call me Guiding Light."