Chapter 36

Krystal's P.O.V

"Hey! Where are you yesterday? You came so late!" Joy called, "Luckily I had registered your name before you came." I just gave her a faint smile; I didn't feel like talking after what happened yesterday. Somehow, I felt sad but also mad, I would've burst out in any seconds by now but I decided to hold it in, not wanting Joy to feel my pain too. With my condition right now, I didn't even think I would be able to practice golf or vocal and laughed with the sunbaes like the usual. And that would make them suspicious and I would blurt out everything in the end.

Joy and I walked to the class, like the usual. But unlike normally, when we talked and laughed as we walked, today I didn't. She tried to ask me about what happened and if I needed to share something. But no, I said no. I didn't want to burden her. It's my business so it's only me who should feel the pain, other people shouldn't.

"If you won't tell me anything, its fine, I'm not going to barge in your privacy. But if you have anything to tell me, just tell me, okay?" Joy told me as we arrived in front of the class. I replied her with a nod and a smile, the same smile I gave her before.

I walked slowly to my seat, thinking about what actually happened, what's the reason for her, doing that. And the fact that Luhan appeared just made it worse. Ugh, only if I know the perfect reason.

"Hey, you okay?" That moment of realization when Luhan had taken his seat. Gosh, I wished that I would never see his face anymore. Why should he be my seatmate anyway? I felt like screaming and shouting right now but I knew that this is not the right place or time to do so.

"Hello? You okay?" Luhan asked again. I gave him a nod as I buried my face in my hands. I hope he will realize that I didn't want to talk to him after that. But no, boys are insensitive. They didn't know and will never know for what reason girls do weird stuff, like right now.

"Is it because of the yesterday thing?" Holy crap, yes, it is, you idiot. Now go away!

"Wanna tell me something?" No, please no. I don't want more conflicts.

"S-s," he stopped for a second, "Sorry?" Just, go away and don't disturb me anymore. I need peace right now, Mr. Luhan.

Thank goodness, not long after, Ms Lee entered the class. I brushed off everything Luhan said and focused, well, tried, to the classes.

***

"I'm not going to have lunch, just go yourself, Joy. Tell the sunbaes that I'm kinda sick and want to rest." I decided to stay in class for lunch, not caring whether I'm hungry or not. Just the fact that I'm not going to see Sulli and Luhan's face made me feel a lot more relaxed. And, for the nth time, Joy reminded me that she would be there if I had something to say. And for the nth time too, I just gave her a small smile, the only smile that I could afford right now.

Why should my life be like this? Why couldn't I just become someone everyone didn't know? Just someone that study in this school and lived a normal life? I sighed.

flashback

"Yah, Krystal," I heard a familiar voice calling me, coldly. I turned around, only finding Sulli, looking at me with her cold eyes. She's unusually like this, what happened?

"You know what? I know this is so cliché but stop flirting, can you?" she blurted out.

"I didn't do anything. What's wrong with you, huh?" I asked her confidently.

"What's wrong with me? Me? What's wrong with you?" she snapped. Now, I knew what she meant. Who even told her this?

"What? Are you thinking that I'm flirting with Luhan whatsoever?" I raised an eyebrow and threw her questions about Luhan and all. And we were, like, fighting since then. No one was around, fortunately. Because if someone was, gossip would be spread and whoever started the fight, she, I'm sure it's a she, would be very happy, which means that she won the game.

Not long after, didn't know where from, but Luhan, our subject of argument came to stop us. Good timing, Luhan. Good timing. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, class president," I gave him a sly smile. He wasn't the class president, though, because we didn't have that thing in our class. But people called him that because he acted like one.

"Don't call me that," he pointed his finger at me. Forgot to tell you that he hate the name because he sounded like a teacher's pet. He looked at the both of us, weirdly, "What happened?"

"It's nothing you should know, mister President. So you better go away," I smiled.

"Just tell me, can't you?" he insisted.

"No." I said, firmly. But he looked at Sulli, waiting for her answer. As expected from the class president. Smart moves, huh? Sulli, who couldn't say no to him, told him what happened. Why should you be so stupid, Sulli? Do you even think that he could solve the problem? No. I sighed, hard.

"So now that you know it's all because of you, can you go away, like, right now?" I did some hand gestures, telling him to go.

"Wrong interpretation, Miss Jung. Now that I know it's because of me, I should solve the problem, like, right now," he said, smartly. But he looked dumb. And with that, I stomped my feet, walking away from them.

"You want to solve it? Solve it then with your girlfriend," I rolled my eyes. "Bitch," I cursed under my breath.

I was not becoming over-sensitive or whatever but seriously? Why were you even involving yourself into someone else's business? I knew that something would happen that day because my instinct said so. Well, I prefer to call it instinct rather than power because power makes me sound like a freak. That's why I was kind of prepared, but I wasn't prepared with Luhan appearing.

"The hell are you doing?" I heard Sehun exclaimed, giving me a weird look.

"Trying to escape from life, apparently," I told him. He muttered random words and just sat on his seat.

***

"Top magazine star Jessica Jung was rushed to the hospital last night due to car crash. The news are now spread everywhere, fans from different countries are concerned for her accident. The car crash happened because the truck on the opposite side was drunk and crashed the car Jessica brought. People from her school and her relatives are by now informed and are all on the way to the hospital." After that, all I could her was noises that I couldn't detect.

I could hear my phone ringing; making me woke up from my nightmare. I looked around the room, Vic sunbae wasn't around. Probably she was grabbing her midnight snack on the first floor. I then looked at my phone and saw Kris sunbae's name on my caller ID. I pressed the green button so I could answer it.

"Sunbae? What's wrong?"

"Soojung-ah," he breathed heavily as if he was just chased by a ghost.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Sooyeon..." By the mention of my sister's name, I knew that this wouldn't be a good news. Don't. Don't say it. Let that just be a dream, let that just be a dream.

--

edited. 11/18/2015.