family

yeri spent the entire afternoon on wonwoo's couch explaining to him the entire story about how her father once left and now is back

how she felt alone all these years.

wonwoo didnt say a single word. listening to her heart opening up was enough. wiping off her tears was enough.

she was now sobbing after trailing down the entire story ane wonwoo placed his one arm around her.

"what am i supposed to do wonwoo-ah?" she cried, diving her head into his chest.

"the right thing, thats what you are always doing!" he whispered pretty close to her ear as reassurance. "how am i supposed to know whats right..." she wiped her own tears. wonwoo broke the hug to cup her face.

"the right thing is to not run away. running away is always the wrong choice!" he smiles.

"i guess i failed then..." she whispers.

"no, you didnt! you still have time to make it up, dont you?!" he caresses the top of her head. the girl nods while tears keep on streaming down her cheeks.

"you've grown up too fast, i am proud of you!" he pats the top of her head with a smile. "can... can i at least deal with it tomorrow?" she now pleads him and his smile gets erased.

"and what does that mean?"

"please let me stay the night here, pleaseeee!" she pleaded even more. "yeri-ah-" he was about to say no cause running away its never the solution but got interrupted.

"of course you can!" wonwoo's father appears out of the blue wearing one charming smile.

"dad!" wonwoo complains. "what?! its not right to kick your friend out! yeri, you can stay for as long as you want!!" he consoles her and now she looks deeply into wonwoo's eyes.

"agh fine but promise you are not gonna run away from your problems!!!" he points at her and the girl nods. "me? of course not!" she smiles through the tears.
____

late at night:

yeri is sleeping on wonwoo's bed while the boy put a matresss on the floor.

"cant sleep, huh?" wonwoo noticed her staring at the ceiling. "mhm, you too??" she asks surprised he is still awake.

"yes..."

"why arent you just coming up, i dont get it..." she explains. "cause what if my father decides to come in... i am good, really..."

"your stubborness..." she whispers with a vague smile. wonwoo also finds himself smiling until his face straightened.

"you are thinking about your dad?" he asks and the girl mumbled a yes in between some silent cries. "you know, after what happened today it reminded me a lot of... me..."

"how come?"

"it made me miss my mother a little more..." he brought a topic on the table he used to dogde before.

"oh..." the girl didnt know what to say cause she didnt wanna make everything awkward. "she died when i was too young..."

"yeah.. i- i know..." she whispers and the boy slowly looks up surprised. "you do? how? i was always avoiding this..."

"well, i figured it out..." she bit her lower lip. "i... i am a little jealous. i wish she could just show up even if she abandoned me before... i.. i just wish..." now the boy had tears forming in his eyes.

when the girl noticed, she grabbed the pillow and placed it right next to wonwoo's.

"no no, dont see me-" he was about to turn his whole back at her but she was fast enough to cling onto him.

"i am so sorry wonwoo..." she whispers as a way to prevent him from pushing her away. the boy gave in to her hug, turning towards her and even hugging her, while his head was under her chin now.

he started crying, although he tried to hide it.

his sobs were contagious, thinking the girl started crying too, into each other's embrace.

"its gonna be okay..." she stutters through the sobs and the boy nods even though he cant stop his tear. "i know..." he whispers and the fall asleep into each other's arms.

they found home in there and even though pain was not completely getting erased they mad each other's back through it.

♡♡♡

some days before that:

wonwoo was taking a shower so yeri was waiting for him in the living room. her attention got grabbed by a specific picture of a family.

getting up from the couch she holds it, trying to distinguish their faces. the one was from his father surely. the little boy had to be wonwoo she thought.

and there was a beautiful woman. her finger slowly traced her figure with a smile. is she his mom?

"you like it?" a husky voice captures er attention.

"oh hi mr. jeon..."

"aaron, yeri, my name is aaron..." he smiles. "i think i will get used to it someday..." she smiles back. aaron slowly grabs the picture from her hands.

"we had so much fun back there, have you seen his mother! her smile is... beautiful..." he announced.

"where is she now?" the girl cluelessly said thinking they could have possibly broken up but are still on good terms.

"wonwoo hasnt told you?"

"tell me what?" she narrows her eyebrows. "his mother died a lot of years ago..." aaron was the one to let her know and now eventually everything made sense.

"i... i am so sorry, i had no idea!" she started apologizing.

"its okay, i am surprised he didnt say anything... he must still..." he was about to say somethingggg but stopped nefore finishing it.

yeri felt a little blue over the fact wonwoo didnt share that with her but then she thought - she still hasn't share anything about her dad too. some things are really hard to confess.

"thank you yeri-ah..." aaron said out of the blue.

"f-for what?"

"for seeing wonwoo smile genuinely... again... it took him a while. seeing him happy again means everything to me. you are in our family now!" he proudly says and the girl tries not to tear up. aaron gives her one small hug, pats her head and then breaks the contract.

"i should thank you, your son gave meaning to my life..." she announces.

thats when wonwoo walked in with a towel around his neck and wet hair. he had no idea about the previous convartation. 

yeri and aaron turn to stare at him so he stops at the doorframe with a perplexed face trying to dry his hair with the towel.

"what?" he narrows his eyebrows.

they both smile at him and yeri falls into wonwoo's smile. "what were you two talking about?!" he complains but never finds out.