biking adventure

it was a saturday morning yet it had nothing to do like the previous one. this morning yeri was gonna go on a biking trip with her long lost father and her boyfriend.

as always wonwoo was waiting for her on her front porch with his bicycle.

yeri is the one to open the door and pave a clear wave for her father to follow. as soon as she locks eyes with wonwoo she already feels the nervousness.

"i am going to get the bikes..." she whispers to her dad, waves at wonwoo and then approaches the back portch. now her dad decides to approach wonwoo.

"you must be wonwoo!" he smiles.

"hello mr. lee..." he attempts to bow and act like the perfect son in law. "no need for honorifics... just call me john..."

"its so nice finally getting to meet you..." he continued with a dorky smile. "me too, i've heard a lot about you in a couple of days..." he spoke genuinely.

"oh no, like how big of a nerd i am?!" wonwoo jokes. "well, yeri calls you library boy a lot... correction: her library boy..." at this sound wonwoo found himself blushing.

the her part got his stomach filled with butterflies.

"hey, i could really use some help over here!!!" they both heard yeri's voice even though she was still at the back of the house.

"i... i am going to help her!" wonwoo is the first one to take responsibility so her father nods. honestly he likes to know wonwoo is always protective of her.

as soon as wonwoo approaches the back porch he bursts out laughing with the girl struggling to carry two bikes at once.

"whats so funny, library boy?"

"you forgot to say my..." he jokes even though yeri had no idea what he qas talking about. she only narrowed her eyebrows.

"what?" she asked but wonwoo ignored her and took the one bike from her. "give me that, you are so tiny... sometimes i wonder, what would you do without me?!" he teases him.

"a forever alone to do list?"

"funny..."

"at least no one would tease me about my choice of titles!" they both were now walking with a bike on their hands. "your dad seems nice..." he whisper when they finally look at him from afar.

"i guess so?" she shrugs her shoulders. she still is so hurt it seems impossible to see this entire thing positively.

"are we going?" her father asked.

"yes john... here... your bike..." he handed me the bike and yeri almost gasped. "john?" when did they come so close.

"yeah, i thought it would be better if we drop the formalities..." john announced. she was looking at them. they both were waiting for a reaction they never got. the girl even though surprised she shook it off, hoped on her bike and paved the way. the two boys laughed following her.

it took some time when they were just biking around. they even lost every sense of direction. they got lost pretty easily so they decided to make a stop and enjoy the view.

they were on top of a cliff, placing their backs down on the street and qpproaching each edge.

"woo look how far we've got..." wonwoo said to her when they actually felt a bit alone as her father was some meters afar.

"i hate bicycles..." she starts nagging while trying to catch her breathe. "then why did you write that idea down idiot!"

"because i thought hey dont be selfish, maybe your friend likes it. i should just go with the first thought next time..." she pouts acting all offended. she attempted to leave but wonwoo grabs her by the wrist and pulls her back.

"be honest, when you were writting down that list, you were actually thinking of me?"

"who else? Thomas the train? of course you. you said you wanted to be my friend, i did my best..." she continued nagging.

"who would have thought you'll make me crazy about you shortie..." he boops her nose. then her dad approaches. "what did i miss?" he laughs.

"n-nothing..." she gains a great amount of distance so this entire thing wont look suspicious to her father.

her dad sat on a big stone neaby, staring at the view. "you know this type of view reminds me of you and seokmin when you were children..." he trails down.

that instantly made wonwoo take some steps back and let them have a daughter - father convartation. 

he spent some alone time with his bike and his cell phone. after a great amount of minutes he feels one hand on his shoulder. turning around she fidns yeri smiling. her father was still sitting quite far at the time.

"by the smile i can tell it went well, right?"

"i... guess..."

"you always guess. are you sure about anything in this life?" he teases her. "aha!" she nods with a smile of a little baby. "oh and what is t-" he was about to ask but the girl gave him a quick smooch.

"did that answer your question?" suddenly a smile occupued his lips.

"i mean, you can always answer again!!" he teased her and right when she was about to repeat what she did her father interrupted them.

"um, would it be good if we leave, its gonna take a while to reach home..."

"aghhh i need to pee!!!!" yeri growled to herself realizing its indeed gonna take a lot of time until they reach home. "you are so romantic bookworm!" wonwoo patted her head.

"i am serious..."

"well, there's a small coffee diner down the street, go and we'll wait for you!" her father gave her instructions so she nodded and ran. wonwoo found himself staring and laughing at how adorable her quick jogging is.

it took her a while until she was back after a while to find her dad and wonwoo have a swrious talk.

"what are you two talking about?!" she basically interrupts them only to realize the nervousness.

"flowers..." wonwoo made an excuse real quick. Her eyes meet her dad's who tried to cover up for wonwoo. "yep, spring flowes..." she narrows an eyebrow while approaching them. "okay, shall we go? you can continue the flower talk on your bikes!"

"perfect idea..." wonwoo hops on, being the one to show them a way now.

♡♡♡

bonus scene:

what actually happened on that talk they had when yeri was in the restrooms:

her father noticed wonwoo smiling at how adorably the hirl was running around so he aporoached him.

"you like my daughter that much?!" at this question he found himself blushing. thank god yeri was now out of sight, probably peeing somewhere. the timid boy nods with a dorky smile.

"how did you two meet by the way?"

"she was ripping the last pages of every single book from my library..." his tone was serious but this sentence made john burst out laughing.

"she still has that habit?" he is surprised. "she always had it?" wonwoo is surprised. "yeah, she was always ripping out every single book i was giving her even though i threatened her i'd come back to scold her..." he laughed.

"maybe thats why she never stopped doing it..." wonwoo mostly whispered to himself coming to the perfect realization. yeri was always doing that in hope her father would come back qnd scold her like he promised.

that new piece of information made wonwoo fall in love with her even more.

"mr. Lee, i am in love with your daughter!" he bravely decides to say amd the man nods. "well, she must love you too much as well... lately all i hear is your name!"

"i... i promise to never hurt her and to always love her like that..."

"dont give promises you cant keep wonwoo-ah... hurting her its a part of love. you might do it even when you dont want to. all i care about is if you truly love her. and i can see that!"

"i cant imagine my life without her..." he announced but gots interrupted by the girl.

"what are you two talking about?!"