10 ~ Distract Me

A/N: hold your horses.

~

In the end, it wasn't really what we were looking for, unfortunately. The AQ-boat wasn't transporting the fucking missiles we were looking for, but narcos; drugs, because of the Mexican Cartel whom are involved in this kind of shit.

Like I said, I already felt we were somehow a minute behind they're already on the next chapter of their plan, us following closely behind them.

Luckily, we have Kate Laswell, and together with Gaz and Price, they managed to capture an AQ-member who was going to be at the cartel meeting; it caused some mayhem, but they covered it up pretty quickly.

They eventually learned the Iranians are paying the cartel for transport of Major Hassan Zayani, wanting them to smuggle him into the United States from Mexico, as I sure do know only one way to get there without being seen by local authorities.

And as of right now, we have to wait for further orders from Kate while she's interrogating this AQ-member, somewhere where the TF141 can't distract her, meaning we're all back into our separate hotel rooms.

I haven't seen Kate yet, but she still promised me over the comms she would catch up with me in a little as I haven't seen her for a while.

Her work is priority, obviously, and to be honest I kinda wish to not be disturbed right now.

It still haunts my mind to realize I have to deal with my past again, with Las Almas, but I'll guess after all those years, it intended to visit me again.

Not in my dreams, but in real life this time.

I can only look at myself in my mirror from my hotel room, as I already undressed myself fully and equipment to let my body have a moment, only dressed in just my underwear and a long sleeved grey shirt that's probably too large for my body.

But it feels perfect, exactly what I need right now, instead of the knocking on my door that suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

It made me walk towards the door instead, not wanting to dress myself properly for whomever is standing on the other side; even if it is the president of the United States, I do not care.

However, I was met with two brown eyes staring right back at me, noticing I have break my neck to see Ghost standing in front of me.

And for him, well, I wouldn't bother myself to get dressed.

"Sir,"

"Can I come in..?" He asked me softly before I could even respond to him, and all of a sudden, I don't want to be alone anymore, nodding my head while he came into my room; he wasn't bothered I am not fully dressed.

"Are you okay sergeant?" Ghost suddenly asked me worriedly, while he seated himself on the end side of the two-persons bed. His words muffled underneath his balaclava when he spoke, but I could still hear him properly.

He isn't wearing that thick skull mask, or his armored vest with his gear; just a regular black long sleeved shirt, with black cargo pants and heavy black boots.

"Who said I am not?" I leaned against the desk with my arms crossed, wanting to know why he suddenly asked me this.

"Me." Ghost answered me sternly, but loud and clear enough for me to hear; does he care about me..?

I only had to click my tongue once before I averted my gaze towards the ground, leaning my hands on the desk behind me as I don't want to look him in his eyes; I don't want to talk about it.

I was never capable of talking about it, and especially to someone who hasn't known me for a while.

"You were awfully quiet when we came back. Did something happen on that mission?" Ghost asked me, in order for me to look at him again, his mesmerizing brown eyes staring into my soul like no other.