37 ~ Ghost Team

The briefing room of the Mexican Special Forces base is the place where we're setting up our plan to get the hell out of Project Nova, with the eight of us, as we definitely need nobody else.

Fun fact, we're literally just with the eight of us! I guess Shepherd really wanted to play a game, meaning the entire base is empty even though we never left the place.

But it happened, if you want to believe it or not; no Los Vaqueros, no Shadow Company, and that means we're definitely on our own.

That's why Shepherd told us the truth; everything and everyone was a figment of our imagination as we're dreaming, and still doing this.

It's quite unbelievable. Trust me, I still think it is but to make sure we have a chance of getting out of here, it must be taken without a doubt.

We have a lot of equipment here in the base, even though we can't take much because we are with the eight of us, meaning we have to take whatever we can to make our way towards my old house.

It's still here, somewhere inside the simulation and even if it was a false memory, doesn't mean it never existed.

And just to clarify why we're making a plan, is because it isn't really so easy to get there, because our old house has been taken by the cartel as a smuggling hub, just like the oil rig we were before.

The house is quite placed at the edge of town, so it's a good spot to tear it all apart.

And to make it even more difficult, because that's how I like it, Valeria has somehow disappeared too. I immediately thought we could use her for a negotiation with the cartel, but I guess Shepherd really thought of everything and he isn't making it easy for us.

I guess she's just like the other soldiers of the Los Vaqueros; that puta never really existed in the first place, maybe somewhere in the real world.

"Alright listen, we're taking back Alejandro's and Louisa's old house! It's somewhere just outside of Las Almas, but still overrun with cartel guards, being used as a smuggling hub, meaning it will be well protected,"

Price began this meeting as the captain of the group, listening closely while standing around a large table. The more he began to speak, the more I already wanted to get started.

"We don't know what we will find, but it might be our only hope of getting out of here. So be alerted at all times, see if you can spot any mishaps because this isn't about Hassan or the missiles anymore, but it's about getting the hell out of this simulation. Keep your eyes open, look for any clues that can help us,"

Loud and clear captain.

"I never thought we're on the brink of a war against our own," Soap suddenly spoke his thoughts out loud, meaning everyone looked towards him.

You can see he still can't believe it, but that's unfortunately what they call "betrayal". It makes your heart rage with anger for sure.

"Because unfortunately it is Mactavish. We are not 141 and Los Vaqueros on this, but we are a team," Price tried to support Soap and all of us with his strong words, as Ghost suddenly grabbed a big bag besides him while throwing it empty on the large table, masks revealing themselves with the pattern I have known for a long time.

"Ghost team,"

And with that, it didn't took very long before I switched my gaze from the masks on the table in front of me, to someone who removed his one instead.

A pretty, yet competitive face came into my sight as I've already seen it before, but not with the others as it made my heart beat faster right away; Ghost just removed his mask with everyone present.