35 ~ Power Corrupts

PAST: 2022
LOCATION: SAS/British Military, United Kingdom
REALITY: original world > First trials of Project Nova

"How are you feeling?" I asked the soldier softly, trying to calm him while I'm hoping the medicines are already doing their job.

I have given him the amount of doses he precisely needs to make him drift off nicely; not right away because there's I think not really a drug or medicine that makes you fall asleep instantly.

It takes about fifteen minutes for the brain and body to adjust to the right medicine that's streaming through your bloodline, depends on which place it is injected ofcourse.

Now if it's intramuscular, through the muscle, it will take much longer than it is injected via the artery, intravenous.

And as of right now, I've given this medicine intravenous, a strong one too that takes about two minutes or something but for patient it can take much longer when you have to wait.

"Relaxed, somehow, but that's probably because of..?"

"Propofol," I answered him simply with a smile, and it is a difficult one too. Marketed as Diprivan, Propofol is a short-acting medication that results in a decreased level of consciousness and a lack of memory for events.

Well, I can give a whole speech about this anesthesia medicine, not that I know much of it because if you're going to ask me to name every single medicine that is out there, I'm gonna slap you and loose my mind.

"You're going to feel yourself going into a deep slumber, and then the brain will to do the rest, okay?" I hovered myself above the stand he's laying in, and to give you a little insight, he's not doing this against his will.

I am not and will never force anybody to go through this, because he offered himself to be the first one to undergo my experiment.

That's why he's tight up; I want to make sure of no relapses the body suddenly decides to do when he's under his narcose, because you never know what can happen.

"Okay miss," He only said to me softly, before his eyes suddenly closed, indicating the drug is working and the first trials of project Nova can begin.

"Sergeant Thomas Wilson, twenty seven years of age, what is his heart rate?"

"160/90," A volunteered nurse said to me, whom I don't know the name off because Shepherd made sure of him being present.

He gave me all of the tools I needed to let this project work, but first there need to be these so-called trials, because I don't want to sent someone in, not knowing if they're going to get out so easily.

"Saturation?"

"97 percent, without extra oxygen," He answered me.

The subject is laying inside this, like stand-up bed while their brain is being monitored twenty-four-seven on the big screen behind us, making sure we're all seeing what this soldier is experiencing right now in his hallucination.

"Pulse?"

"80, miss,"

"Good," I stated simply, turning myself around to face the big screen, watching closely to every vital function that's being showed as well as what this sergeant is experiencing.

And the rest, well, I didn't call it the first trials of Project Nova for nothing.

The ones whom wanted to be here are here, watching me from a distance and not only the TF141, but also Laswell, and ofcourse general Shepherd of the U.S. army.

But I also invited two people whom are very dear to me. Two men whom I have known for the longest of time, as I had some history with one of them; the colonel, but when we broke up a long time ago doesn't mean we aren't still friends.