13 ~ City of Souls

PRESENT:
Mexican Special Forces Base, Las Almas, 2022

It took us a while before we arrived in Las Almas, at the Mexican Special Force's base to be exact, and let me tell you, I've never seen myself so nervous before during a flight.

Not only did we have heavy turbulence, which I'm frightened of, but the fact I was constantly thinking about him, and Simon noticed I wasn't feeling myself.

On the other hand, he didn't ask me if something was wrong. Now that makes me wonder if he really cares about me, or is pretending? Well, why the hell am I even asking myself this question...?

Or maybe he noticed how upset I was during the conversation with Kate, talking about facing my fears again and I wonder how much both Soap and Ghost accidently heard of that conversation, hoping I can avoid their questions.

But I know one day it will come back to me to stab me right in my ass, as that day might be today, who knows?

I tried to compose myself when the door of the cargo plane opened itself, as I was already planning on hiding myself behind big boy Ghost.

I wanted to avoid any sort of confrontation; too late.

I immediately noticed him when we walked out, feeling my heart skipped a beat for real now; he's still the colonel of the Mexican Special Forces, as Kate initially decided for us to meet up with my ex-partner, so it wasn't a surprise anymore.

What else is new..?

I don't know if he noticed me, but he didn't change a bit, and even if I somehow got an eye on Simon Riley now, I'll have to be honest that Alejandro Vargas still looks good.

But what am I going to say to him?

I planned on ripping his heart out whenever I saw him again, asking where the fuck he was when his child was on the virtue of dying, only to never hear from him again?!

Well, noted; he probably isn't going to like our talk we're going to have.

"Alejandro," Soap greeted my ex-partner excitedly when I slowly followed both of them, Ghost being very quiet still as I'm used too.

"Sergeant Macta-"

And there it was, the truth being revealed when my plan of hiding behind Ghost didn't work out, as Alejandro Vargas went quiet in a matter of seconds when his eyes suddenly met mine.

I swear to god he almost fainted because of seeing me again, still trying to stay professional even if both Soap and Ghost immediately realized something's going on.

I however, had the same look on my face when I spoke to Kate; angry as fuck, and that didn't change anything when I almost wanted to launch myself towards him to rip his heart out like I said I would.

"Louisa," Alejandro spoke quietly to still greet me professionally, his Spanish accent catching me off guard as the flashbacks started to come back to me.

"Alejandro," I said sternly, but you can still hear the anger in my voice, and that isn't deniable for both soldiers whom came along with me on this mission.

"You two have met before?" Ghost suddenly interrupted our staring contest.

"Tell me something I don't know Ghost," I sighed at him simply, not wanting to answer any kind of questions regarding Alejandro and I's past, as I already made my way towards the lined up SUV's, outside, ready to bring us to whatever place Hassan's hiding himself.

It caught the attention of my ex-partner when I walked passed him without saying anything; I'm still pissed.

I immediately noticed the rest of the Vaqueros already in the other cars, only to be greeted by one person in particular, suddenly recognizing him in the driver's seat of one car.