26 ~ A Lifetime of Losing

"I'm so sorry Alejandro," I quietly spoke to him while we're seated across from each other in the cafeteria, alone as I'm holding his hands softly to comfort him.

We don't know what to feel anymore, or how because of the fact our love might was a lie in the end; confirmation was being made by my son, telling us that Al isn't his father, but Simon is.

I fucking can't believe it, as Alejandro can't either because for the first time ever the tears are streaming onto his cheeks, not shy to show them to me. I also don't want him to hide his emotions.

It's good when no one's around us, meaning Soap and Rodolfo are guarding Valeria in case she has a way of escaping the container she's locked in, while Simon is in his room with Lorenzo.

I know Ghost didn't really accept any of it yet, perhaps but still offered to take care of Lor for the moments notice so that me and Al could have a chat; I will join them after, because I still want to know what the fuck is going on.

Not everything is revealed yet.

And I don't even know if I want to join Valeria's interrogation soon. They still need to talk with her for intel, but right now things are definitely messed up.

Maybe it's a good thing, it will probably distract me.

"I can't even explain what's going on, besides the fact our life might be a lie but I don't understand. We've experienced our life here in Las Almas, right?" He asked me.

"Well," I said doubtingly, as Al immediately looked up confused. As of right now, I don't want it to be a secret anymore.

"What's wrong?" Alejandro asked me carefully, and because of the tears in his eyes, I decided to tell him everything, because he deserves that.

I don't care anymore who's going to stop me right now. Nobody's here except for me and Alejandro, so it wouldn't be a problem to take matters into my own hands.

"Things were already going into the opposite direction to begin with, as I realized something was definitely wrong but I couldn't really figure out what exactly," I started.

"What happened?"

"Promise me you won't laugh," I said sternly, meaning I am going to be very serious in my words, as he luckily nodded his head.

"I won't mi amor," He called me softly, as I smiled towards him anyhow. I still can't get over the fact it probably never happened, that all of it never happened; our divorce, cheating on Valeria Garza, I don't know so why would I stay mad?!

"Something strange happened when I enlisted into TF141. For example, when I wanted to drink something out of a glass, all of a sudden nothing came out. It was like the liquid was stuck in the glass, in which eventually poured all over me," I explained, and somehow Alejandro couldn't keep his promises.

"I said don't laugh," I immediately smiled at him, feeling myself semi offended but yeah, it's sounds ridiculous.

"Sorry, it sounds weird, but I believe you. Go on,"

"It also happened when we drove through Las Almas. I had a moment where I suddenly noticed a boy on the streets. He was buying a balloon with his mom, but then it was looking like he somehow noticed me, and nobody in the car, including you, was realizing he looked like Lorenzo,"

"I didn't notice him." Al said confused, meaning I might have lost my mind at that point, but as of right now I'm not crazy either.

"What else?"

"I tried to bury the past, whatever past it might have been of losing our boy to a heart failure. Occasionally I got these flashbacks, remembering 2017 but it wasn't only Las Almas. I also got one of Manchester, where everything seemed normal," I explained to Alejandro, suddenly catching myself staring forwards because it sounds so weird saying all of this.