𝟎𝟒

Today in AP biology Mrs

Today in AP biology Mrs. Santiago had us  working in groups and of course by chance I got paired up with Kevin.

He wasn't a very talkative person and most of the time he just observed, saying a few words here and there. Maybe he needed to come out of his shell?

"Do you understand what we're supposed to be doing?" I asked for the third time since we started working on the project.

His eyes were low and it looked like he was about to doze off to sleep at any moment.  He just had to be high.

"Yea, chill." He mumbled while dragging his hand down his face.

I rolled my eyes.

why do i always get paired up with the kids who don't put in the work?

I heard Kevin groan and I looked over at him.

"You good?" I asked as I typed on the laptop.

"Yeah, I'm straight." He mumbled before calling Mrs. Santiago over.

"Can you write me a pass to the nurse?"

Mrs. Santiago smiled at him. "Of course, Kevin. Give me a moment."

I internally rolled my eyes at how nice she was being. One thing about Mrs. Santiago was that she hated slackers. In her words, "we're too old not to do the work."

So it confused me as to why she was being so nice when Kevin hasn't done anything in her class since he got to this school and it's been a week.

it gave favoritism.

Mrs. Santiago walked back over with a signed hall pass. "Ms. Bell could you walk him to the nurses office please?"

"Nah, it's cool Mrs. S. I can get around fine." He quickly replied.

I cut my eyes at him.

Ian wanna go anyways, hoe.

"Just a extra precaution Mr. Cameron. I don't want anything happening because then I would have to call your parents."

"Thanks for looking out but—"

"No, buts. Ms. Bell will walk you." She says before walking away.

"Guess Im walking you then." I close my laptop and stand up along with him.

It was close to the end of the period so I packed all my things up because by the time I got back the bell would be ringing.

Before we left out Kevin took a couple of tissue from the box that sat on the desk near the door.

𐩃

After a moment of walking in awkward silence, I finally asked, "So why did you miss so much school? Missing the first few months of junior year is just crazy."

"I just wasn't able to come at the time." He kept it short and simple.

"Oh okay."

"You're gonna be a dummy if you keep missing school. You know that, right? They finna fail you." I started right back up.

He cut his eyes at me. "You talk too damn much."

"That's fine. I gotta nigga who gon' listen anyways." I replied back smartly.

He laughed at me. "Ya' nigga letting you be all up in other niggas faces? You friendly as hell."

"No, I'm not. That's exactly why you're going to get left back. Slow ass nigga."

His laughs began turning into coughs. He had brought his arm up to cover his mouth.

"Fuck you got covid?" I said jokingly while stepping to the side. "Six feet please."

He kept his face straight. "Ion got that bullshit. And if I did ya' slow ass would've been got it."

"Not too fucking muchhh."

"And im not friendly by the way. Me and him just complicated right now." I explained a little after we had walked in silence for a couple of long seconds. I don't even know why I was explaining myself to him.

"Youn gotta explain nun to me. That ain't my business." He chuckled.

He coughed again but this time he bought the tissue that he had grabbed from class to his mouth. I could see speckles if red in the tissue before he bought it down.

"Why is it blood on the tissue? You sick or sumn?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Kiana, damn. You nosey as hell and you talk too damn much. Stop asking me all these damn questions. I don't even know you like that, bruh." He finally snapped. Maybe I was talking a little too much.

fine then dumb hoe.

The rest of the walk to the nurses office was spent in silence.

Once we made it to the nurses office, I turned around so I could get ready to walk away.

"Aye, Kiana." He called out.

"My fault for snapping on you like that. I ain't even wanna come at you like that. I just don't want too many people in my business." He said.

"It's cool. We don't know each other like that." I said, referring to what he had said to me earlier.

I turned around and made my way towards next period as the bell rang. As I was walking, I ran into Corey, Soriya, and Amir. We all had next period together which was gym.

 We all had next period together which was gym

make sure y'all vote! (Not proofread)