𝟏𝟖

"Why you act like that towards Kiana?"

My mom was on some weird shit when it came to Kiana and I wasn't fucking with it at all. She was just being cool with her and now it's like she's giving her the cold shoulder.

"Boy," my mom raised a brow at me, attitude all over her face. "go head and get out my kitchen with that mess. I already told you my answer when you first came in here."

I smacked my lips. "I'm not a lil' kid no more. You can't just sit there and dismiss me like that. You could've at least spoke back to Kiana. She's never disrespected you or anything so I don't even know why you acted like that towards her. She don't even deserve nun of that. She treats me right and allat. You just want sumn to pick about."

"Nasir, go head and get out my kitchen. Why would I dislike a little ass girl? Im grown as fuck compared to her." Her voice had raised now and I could tell she was upset.

If you grown act like it

"Yvette, why you in there yelling?" My dad hollered from the living room.

"Cause ya' disrespectful ass son. That's why. Im tired of y'all thinking y'all can come up in here with these damn attitudes."

I smacked my lips.

here she go.

"Ion even gotta attitude. Im just tryn talk to you."

"Nasir I been told you to get out of my kitchen. Im grown. I don't have to speak to you if I don't want to."

Childish ass shit

"You tripping about nothing but okay." I mumbled before walking out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

My dad looked over at me while I sat next to him on the couch. "What's going on?"

"She mad about little ass shit." I kept my voice low. I don't even feel like hearing her mouth no more. She just got on my nerves.

"What you do? She said you was in there being disrespectful. You know we don't even play that in this house."

I smacked my lips. "She always jumping to somebody being disrespectful. I didn't disrespect her. All I asked was why she been giving weird energy towards Kiana and she got all hyped up."

My dad sighed before take a sip of his beer. "Don't even worry about it. I'ma talk to her about it."

"Okay." I got up from the couch and went back upstairs into my room.

𐩃

It was the weekend now and I had took Kiana out on the date like I had told her I would. I remembered her telling me about how much she loved picnic dates so I took her on one.

We had spent the whole day together just enjoying each other and I loved it. Just being around my girl makes me happy. I don't care people can call me soft or a simp or whatever.

This girl is really my wife.

I pulled up to her folks' house and parked the car. I hadn't really officially met Kiana's parents and she wanted me to. I didn't mind though.

I never met a girl's parents so I was nervous.

Kiana leaned over and pulled me into a kiss.

"Don't worry my parents are so nice." She cheesed.

And I believed her.

Whenever Kiana spoke about her parents she was always smiling and made sure to speak good things about them always. I loved that for my girl.

We got out of the car and walked up the steps to Kiana's door. She used her key to open the door and she looked back at me as we both walked inside.

"Kiana is that you?" I heard a female's voice holler from deeper into the house.

"Yes. Im here with Kevin." Kiana hollered back and we walked farther into the home.

We walked into the kitchen where her mom and dad were both at, cooking dinner.

"Hey," her mom cheesed when she saw both of us.

Her dad looked me up and down. "Wussup Kev."

That's not nothing though. Classic shit dads do.

"Hey, Mr and Mrs. Bell. How are you doing?" I was nervous and didn't really know what exactly to say. I gave them a small smile and kept my hands in my pockets.

"This is my boyfriend and I wanted you to meet him." Kiana turned to look at me. "I've already told them a lot about you too."

I nodded.

"Where y'all coming from?" Her dad asked as he started cutting up bell peppers.

"Took her on a date." I say.

"Oullll." Her mom gushed. "Okay. Where did y'all go?"

Kiana looked over at me signaling that she wanted me to do the talking. "I took her on a picnic date down by the waterfront."

"The pretty one where you can see the sunset?"

"Yeah that one."

"Okayy," she gassed me up. "Damien need to take me there."

I kind of felt bad. My mom wasn't this welcoming.

my mom be on some weird shit

Kiana's dad smacked her lips. "I take you on picnic dates all the time. You always complaining about it being too hot or the mosquitos coming near ya food or sumn."

"Not too much on my mother." Kiana piped up.

"I know that's right baby. My daughter don't play about me." Her mom playfully stuck her tongue out at her dad and mushed his head.

"She'll be in my face the next time she wants me to buy her sumn from saks. Don't even worry. Y'all both too damn spoiled."

I chuckled because he was right. Kiana is spoiled as hell.

 Kiana is spoiled as hell

not proofread