𝟐𝟖

Kianna Kaylee Bell

"Jace!" I yelled from the bottom of the steps. "You gotta come on if you want me to stop and get food and drop you off at school on time!"

I heard the sound of feet moving against the upstairs floor quickly and I was soon met with my son rushing down the steps. He had on some sweatpants and his all black Nike tech hoodie.

His school didn't require uniform which I really wasn't a fan of. I preferred the uniform because I swear most times Jace would take his time getting ready as if he going to a fashion show.

"Good morning Ma'." He kissed my cheek.

"Good morning, baby." I reply back as I grab my Louis Vuitton tote and keys to my car. We walked outside to the car in a comfortable silence.

"Boy, did you brush your hair even?" I ask I get inside of the car and look him up and down.

He smacked his teeth and pulled his hood over his head. "No, you were rushing me."

I pulled the middle console up and handed him the brush that I kept in the car.

"Looking a damn fool." I muttered, sounding just how my mother would when I was younger. "I don't know how you're always rushing out the door when I give you ample enough time to get ready."

Fifteen years later and I still can't believe I'm a parent.

I started the car up and pulled out of the driveway of our two story home. I connected my phone to three Bluetooth and the angelic voice of Summer Walker began to play throughout the car. I enjoyed starting my mornings right with some music.

"What you wanna eat?" I ask before continuing to hum to the music that was playing.

"McDonald's?" He looked up to me and I nodded in agreement.

Jace is so similar to his father and I in so many ways, including food choices. Just like me when I was younger and even now still the only thing he enjoys from McDonalds breakfast is the hash browns and a caramel frappe.

After pulling into McDonald's and getting our food, I quickly headed in the direction of Jace's school. As of late he's been begging me to allow him to ride public transportation with his friends to school but I know for a fact how ghetto that shit gets.

Having a child of your own truly changes your perspective on everything. Everything made me paranoid when it comes to my son and if I ever lost him I know for a fact I won't survive it.

I came to a stop in front of his school and kissed his cheek. "I love you baby, have a wonderful day."

"I love you more, Ma'. Have a good day at work." He hugged me before getting out of the car and catching up with his friends who were also walking into the school.

I sighed heavily and my face formed into a slight frown.

i really wish Kevin was here to watch him grow

𐩃

I was currently on my way to the other side of town. I had an appointment with a very high end client. They lived in a neighborhood called The Hills which was typically known for being a neighborhood that housed very wealthy people.

I've been in this area only one other time before and that was when I sold an home to one of my real estate clients.

I pulled up to the familiar gated entrance and pressed the red buzzer before speaking into it, "I'm here to see a client, Kayla Adams?"

The man that sat inside the box pressed his intercom before speaking, "Give me a second to confirm."

About two minutes went by before the gates opened and I drove inside.