𝟏𝟎

"Why do you always gotta do the most wit' ya cripple ass!" Yuri yells dramatically, after I threw a pillow at her just to mess with her

I chuckled. "Yuri stop yelling damn. Ya' dramatic ass. And I'm not even cripple. Stop playing wit' me."

I kept my eyes on the tv screen in the hospital's game room as I shot at a player on Fortnite.

My doctors wanted me to get out of bed and move around a bit since I was feeling good today. The medications were doing me good and I wasn't showing any signs of heart rejection according to my latest heart biopsy.

"Bitch ass cous'" Sekani let out after getting a kill. We were playing duos.

We didn't trip too much when Sekani cursed. As long as he doesn't slip up around mom and dad, we're cool with it.

Seconds later Sekani ended up getting sniped by another player which knocked him out.

He sucked his teeth, tossing the controller to the other side of the "Kevin, come revive me. Hurry up, nigga."

I was already getting double teamed and I was close to dying myself so I was getting irritated. "Sekani hold up nigga, damn. You see I'm bout to die."

"All I know is I got next. So speed it up." Yuri says.

I smack my lips. "Bro, shut up."

"You shut up dirty." She got up from her seat, and mushed my head when she walked by. "You need a haircut, pussy."

"Shut up. That's why you got beat up by that girl last year." I teased, knowing she didn't get beat up. I just wanted to get a rise out of her since she always had the most to say.

She smacks her lips. "I did not get beat up. Stop playing wit' me Kevin because we both know I be giving these bitches work."

"No you don't. You be getting beat up by every girl you fight." I kept messing wit' her.

"Finally," Sekani says as I get done reviving him.

"No, nigga you be getting beat the fuck up. You couldn't even beat my ex up."

"Who?" I exclaimed, looking around. We both knew I beat that nigga's ass. Heart condition and all.

"Stop playing wit' my brother Yuri." Sekani added in.

"Right, 'ion know who she think she is." I said.

She smacked her lips. "Sekani mind ya' business. Go watch bubble guppies or sumn."

"I don't watch that shit."

Right as Sekani finished his sentence my mom and dad walked into the room.

"I know you better watch ya' mouth Sekani." My mom says.

"I'm sorry. It slipped out." He quickly apologizes.

Yuri and I smacked our lips at the same time knowing that if we got caught cursing at his age in front of them we would get popped.

"Mhm, you know damn well that's how you always talk."

"So what's about this boy you always going to the hospital to see?" My mom asked as she brought a pan of chicken that needed to be seasoned out onto the table

It was Sunday and on these days my mom would invite the family over so we could have Sunday dinner. I wanted to visit Kevin today, too, but I needed to stay at the house and help out.

My nosy ass auntie, Kera, looked up from dicing the potatoes for the potato salad. She's my aunt on my dad's side. "What happened to Amir?"

"Yea, such a handsome young man. His momma' made sure to raise that boy with manners. These damn kids these days so damn disrespectful." My Grandma Cherie chimed in.

I smacked my lips because now my mom had everybody in my business. I give my mom a look.

"Oop, sorry." She mouths before sitting the pan down.

Not telling you shit else

"So what about him though?" Aunt Kera asks, grabbing another potato to peel & cut up.

I continued peeling the boiled eggs. "Kevin's just a friend and he's sick so he's been in the hospital. I've just been helping him out with the school work that he's missing."

"Sick like how? Or you tryna say he's into some mess and got himself shot?" My grandma pries. "I remember I had no business messing wit' no street dude and I used to find myself in the hospital with ya Granddaddy and his friends all the time. I used to lie to my mama until she finally found out the truth one summer."

My grandma shakes her head.

I laugh. "This not that grandma. And granddad was in the streets?"

"Mhm. He used to have me at home stressed all the way out. He's lucky I'm still with his ass. I told him if he don't find a way out of them streets I'm taking the kids and leaving his ass. And you know he don't play about them kids or me so he made quick work to find a way out."

"Cause Dallas knew not to play!" My Aunt Kera said, calling her dad by his real name.

"Stop playing wit' me Akera!" Grandpa Dallas hollered from the living room.

"Don't play wit' it, don't play wit' it." I said mocking that Lola Brooke song.

"I carry bitches like Im preggo!" My mom chimed in and I busted out laughing.

"What'chu know about that mommy?"

"Girl, I'm grown. Don't worry about that." She smiled.

not proofread

not proofread