𝟎𝟖

I didn't see Amir for the whole day while at school

I didn't see Amir for the whole day while at school. I really loved him but I know I did the right thing when it came to our relationship. At least I hoped I did.

When I let him know what it was, it was like a I couldn't read him. He put up this nonchalant front and I was lost. He was just acting like he didn't care and I didn't like that.

But if that's how he wanted to go about it then there's nothing I could do about it.

"Kiana, is this right?" Kevin asked, pulling me out of my own thoughts.

I looked down at the math problem on his paper and look back over to mine.

"Yeah, it's right." I nodded.

"You good? You not running that mouth like you usually do."

always tryna be funny.

I cut my eyes at him. "Be grateful then, Kev."

He chuckled. "What's wrong? Like I'm being foreal tho."

"Nothing."

"Mhm." He mumbled before writing something down on the paper. "Do you want to walk with me to the nurse office?"

I looked up at him and nodded. "Sure."

Kevin got up out of his seat and walked towards the teacher's desk while I packed our stuff.

Kevin walked back over to the desk, picking his phone and pencil up. It was the only thing he brought to school at times. Sometimes a book bag once a week but not everyday.

"come on."

We both walked out of the class in silence. There wasn't anything for us to talk about. So we just walked in comfortable silence.

Kevin opened the door to the stairwell and allowed me to walk first before he followed.

The nurse's office was on the first floor and we were coming from the fourth. All I knew was, that all these damn steps takes me the fuck out everyday.

"Damn, Kevin. Keep up." I complained playfully as we walked down the steps.

"Shit, hold up Ki." He muttered with a cough and I turned around to face him to only to see him clutching his chest.

"Kevin, are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm straight. Just give me a second. These steps stay fucking me up." He made an excuse.

steps not fucking somebody up that bad.

"Let's just take a break." I decided.

Kevin's breathing was heavy and he was struggling to catch a breath.

It was clearly something more to it and it didn't take a blind person to notice. The constant trips to the nurse, blood in the tissue the other week and the constant coughing. It was clearly something wrong with him.