𝟎𝟕

"Kiana! Come here

"Kiana! Come here." My mom hollered from her room.

She yelled my name like I was in trouble or sumn so I started thinking about things I might've done to get on her nerves while I walked to her and my dad room.

"Yes?" I asked while pushing her door open softly. My mom was laid out on the king sized bed with her head propped up by her hand.

"What's for dinner? Ya' daddy working late at the office tonight."

I smacked my lips.

"I thought I was in trouble." I chuckled.

"Why? You doing stuff you not post to?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"No," i cut my eyes at her. "It was just the way you yelled my name."

"Oh okay. What we gonna eat girl? Let me know now so I can tell ya' dad so he can buy it for us."

"Chic-fil-A?" I suggested and my mom face automatically fell.

"Kiana no. We not eating Chick-fil-A every night. Im getting tired of it."

Well maybe if you cook dinner

"But mom we ain't even have it in like a week." I complained.

"Do it look I care? We always getting Chic-Fil-A."

"I'm finna ask daddy to get me it then."

"Okay, take your funky ass back to your room and do that then. You so damn spoiled." She rolled her eyes.

"It's you and dad fault anyways." I muttered as I walked out of her room.

I got my phone off the bed and called my dad.

"Hello?"

"Dad, can you buy me Chic-Fil-A? Mommy tryna act different like she wasn't just scarfing it down the other day."

"What was said 'bout me?" my mom yelled from down the hall.

This lady got fucking wolf ears.

"See you talk too much shit." My dad laughed.

"Can youuu??" I asked again.

"Okay, Kiana. I don't wanna hear that shit about ya' stomach hurting. Fast food not even healthy."

"Boy bye." I muttered.

"Ima cashapp you. Now stop calling my phone while I'm at this job."

"Thank you, dad. I love you." I smiled.

"I love you, too." He hung up the phone.

I got back comfortable into bed. I unpaused my current show that I just got into, Lincoln Heights.
It was something about 2000s tv shows that I just loved.

𐩃

"Let me get a fry, Kiana." My mom asked as we sat at the table eating our food.

"Mommy." I smacked my lips and cut my eyes at her. "You just said you was tired of fast food."

"Girl, gimmie a fry and stop playing with me."

I held the fries out to her and she dug in, and she came back out with two instead of the one she said she was gonna take.

"You said a fry."

"Girl, I don't care."

I cut my eyes at her and continued to eat my food.

"So what's going on with you and Amir? Y'all still on a break?" My mom asked.

"I don't know. We still be hanging around each other and stuff but I think I should cut him off for good so we can have an actual break." I said, while dipping one of nuggets in the sauce.

I was very transparent when it came to my mom. We had such a good relationship and I'm so grateful for that. Unlike most parents, she allows me to communicate with her and make mistakes but she also makes sure she teaches me a lesson at the same time.

I loved her with all my heart. Some of our family says she's too soft on me and my sister but I think she's perfect. It's a major difference between allowing your kids to communicate and to disrespect you.

"Why?"

"I just feel like I'm confusing my self even more and we originally decided to take a break because I felt like he was falling short of things that should come naturally in a relationship." I paused for a moment to finish chewing.

"And we're still having sex. So that's making things even more confusing for me." I admitted.

"If one boy won't do it then another will, Kiana. So I suggest cutting him off."

"And ease up off the sexual activity. We don't need no children running around here." She warned.

"Okay and I thought you liked Amir?" I pouted.

I was looking for any reason to hold on because I was scared of losing him. Scared of change.

"It doesn't matter what I like, Ki. It's all about if you're feeling loved or not. Your feelings matter, not mine."

Giving all my characters healthy relationships w their family's 😍😍😍>>>