Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

It's officially semestral break. A week since that dance presentation in P.E. class. Tasha and Yuri had become good friends. Now that their feelings are mutual albeit still unknown to each other, how will this new found friendship affect the way their hearts beat?

On a bright and early morning, Yuri rummaged through her drawer, picking out the clothes she'll be bringing home. Semestral break meant a week off from school so, of course, Yuri wanted to spend her vacation time with her dad and her sister, if she decides to visit that is.

A few moments later, a knock and a familiar voice was heard through the door, "Yuri, you aren't busy, are you? Anyway, I'm still coming in!"

Yuri chuckled, "Like I have a choice, come in!"

Tasha opened the door and went in, "Whoa, did a hurricane pass by here?"

"Nope, just me being unorganized as fuck. What brings you here?"

"Well, Brenda went to visit relatives and Amber is with Toby on a couple's getaway so I was wondering if you want to go somewhere too...with me"

"Um Tash, I'm leaving too. I'm going home" said Yuri

"Oh...that's cool, I guess I'll be chilling here for a week"

"You're not going home?"

Tasha shook her head, "My mom's abroad and she can't exactly go home whenever she wants to due to contract reasons"

"And Felix?"

"Off on some boys only vacation with his tennis buddies"

Tasha sat on Yuri's bed, "It's alright though, I'm used to it" she smiled, "oh hey, do you need help with packing?"

Yuri looked at Tasha with an enamored expression, "Hey Tash, go home with me"

Tasha turned to her with surprise, "What?"

"Go home with me, no buts" Yuri then took Tasha's hand and pulled her towards the door, "we're leaving in the afternoon so we better get you packed"

Tasha pulled away from Yuri's hold and stood her ground, "hey, if you're doing this because you found out I'm gonna be alone here and you feel sorry for me, just stop okay? I don't want that shit"

"No, it's not that" Yuri replied while waving her hands in disagreement, "I know you can take care of yourself, It's just that...um, how do I say this without sounding creepy"

Tasha stared at a deep-in-thought Yuri with amusement as she waited for her explanation

"Um, "I want to spend more time with you"...I guess would be the simplest thing to say" Yuri ran her fingers through her hair, feeling a bit shy about what she just said

Tasha could feel her blood rushing to her cheeks and turning them pink, "Oh...um, I guess...I could go with you, if it's alright with your folks"

"It's fine with them" Yuri beamed, "okay so let's go get you packed!"

"Um Yuri, I think I'll go pack on my own since..." Tasha pointed at the pile of clothes on Yuri's bed, "you're not exactly done with packing yourself"

"Oh right. I got carried away there, sorry"

Tasha giggled as she reached for the door, "I'll come back here after I'm done okay?"

Yuri nodded and Tasha left. Yuri then placed a palm on her forehead, "wow, I really do like her" she smiled as she bit her lower lip

What a smitten kitten

——-

A lunch date, a bus ride and a whole lot of traffic later, Yuri and Tasha arrived. It was already dark out so the two immediately entered the house