Chapter 38

CHAPTER 38

Yuri ran downstairs filled with fear and worry but mostly guilt. Something bad happened to Tasha and she wasn't there to help her.

"Yuri! Wait!" Summer called as she and the others ran after Yuri

Yuri stopped by Toby's car that was parked nearby

"Give me the keys!" Yuri demanded, rushing towards Toby and grabbing the collar of his shirt

Summer had to forcefully pull Yuri off of Toby to tell her the situation, "We don't know where she is Yuri! We'll only waste even more time driving around places!"

"What do you propose we do then?! Just stand by and do nothing while god knows what is happening to Tasha?!" Yuri yelled in response, "There was blood in her room. Something happened to her Summer! and I'm not gonna stand by and wait" she turned to Toby once again, "now, give me the damn keys!"

Toby was about to hand Yuri the keys when a car suddenly appeared, stopping near them. The car door opened and out came Julia, looking at the gang with boldness

"I know where she is!" Julia announced, successfully gaining the gang's attention, "Come with me!"

The four looked at one other, gauging one another's response to Julia's declaration.

"Should we trust her?" Kristen asked turning to Summer for a more solid answer

Summer glanced at Yuri, who was clearly confused by this unknown woman's involvement. Yuri should know the details, she has the right to.

Summer turned to Kristen and nodded, "she's our only lead to wherever Tasha maybe" then went to Yuri, grabbed her hand and lead her to Julia's car, "I'll explain everything in the car"

"Summer!" Amber abruptly called as Summer looked back, "Take Toby with you, I'll call for help and meet you there" then she turned to Toby, "send me the location as soon as you get there"

"I'm going with Amber" Kristen interjected, looking at her brother, "I'll call our uncle and ask for help from his division"

Toby nodded, "If Uncle Jeremy asked for details, tell him everything you know. Don't worry about me okay?" and gave her sister's hand a reassuring squeeze

Kristen nodded with slight hesitation. Her brother really will do anything to redeem himself.

Toby threw his car keys at his sister as he ran towards Julia's car where Yuri and Summer waited at the back seat. He got on and the vehicle went off, quickly disappearing out of sight.

"Well, let's go then" Kristen said as she turned to the other girl, "Our uncle Jeremy is a police officer. It'll help keep things a bit private for a while if we asked for his help"

"Will that be okay?" Amber asked, concern in her tone, "what Toby did will be known in your family, won't he get in trouble for it?"

Kristen didn't say anything. She just let out a sigh as she went to Toby's car and opened the door.

-----

Tasha stared blankly into thin air. Her forehead, where Brenda's gun made contact earlier, throbbed with immense pain. Add to her already aching head from being hit by whatever earlier, combined with the fact that she hasn't been eating and sleeping well these past days. She was exhausted physically while her mind was starting to be weary due to the continued processing of the things Brenda revealed to her.

All the while Brenda just sat quietly in front, watching her so intensely that Tasha could feel her eyes boring into her body.

"..Wha-.." Tasha began to speak but was hesitant to continue for the fear of provoking the girl with a gun in her hand