Chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

Summer, Kristen, Toby and Amber were all silent in Toby's car, With Toby driving, Kristen on the front passenger seat and Summer and Amber at the back seat.

"Okay, I need to ask this" Summer suddenly spoke before turning to Amber, "Do you know anything? Toby said you didn't believe him at first then he mentions a name and you suddenly changed your mind. What gives?"

Amber answered, "Brenda has a personal caretaker, her name is Julia. For some reason Brenda refused to tell me, Julia isn't allowed to leave and to speak to someone outside her household unless Brenda allows her to. Tasha doesn't even know Julia exists, I'm the only one who knows about her"

Kristen looked back at Amber, "If that's the case, how did you meet her?" she asked

"I met her by accident. There was a time when I went to Brenda's house without telling her first, to drop off some important projects. Julia was the one who met up with me at the door" Amber explained, "When Brenda found out I was there, she was furious and told me to get the hell out. Only after Julia talked to her that she calmed down and talked to me"

Amber noticed the confused looks Summer and Kristen had on, even Toby's brows were scrunched up on the reflection of the rear view mirror.

"Look, Brenda may be miss social, happy-go-lucky party girl at campus but she's very secretive when it comes to her personal life. She never once invited us to her house, we'd hang out at their resorts, or their hotels but never at her family home" Amber explained, "And when it comes to Julia, Brenda had me sworn to secrecy about her, to never mention her ever. I said yes, shrugged off the rest and we want back to normal."

Toby looked at Amber from the rear view mirror, "Is that why you believed me when I mentioned her name?"

"I considered the authenticity of your story" Amber corrected, "I figured, for you to know and even talk to Julia, Brenda must have sent her to you and she has no reason to talk to you because she doesn't like you. Then you said all those other things and suddenly things fell into place and somewhat made sense"

Summer shifted in her seat, "And the reason you want to go to Brenda's house to talk to Julia is-"

"To know if what Toby said was all true and what Brenda's intentions are behind all of this" Amber finished off Summer's sentence

Summer grew even more determined seeing Amber like this and looking at Kristen and Toby, all of them felt the same way.

A few more minutes of driving, Amber told Toby to stop by the gates of a wealthy-looking private subdivision named Crystal Town.

"This is where she lives?" Kristen asked as the four of them got out of the car, "this is an exclusive subdivision."

"Yeah, the kind where you need an ID and the approval of the house owner you're visiting before you get in" Amber said, "I have a record here now from the I last time I came so I think we'll be able to go inside without much problem"

Amber lead the way as the trio followed her. Immediately after reaching the main gate, they were stopped by two security guards.

"Good afternoon" one of the guards greeted, "May I know who you're going to see?"

Amber flashed a smile, "Yes, We're friends of Brenda Collins"

"I'm sorry but Ms. Brenda Collins isn't here, she left a few hours ago"

"Yeah, she asked us to go here. You see, we're doing a group project and it's due soon so she said we can go on ahead here and start without her. She said she'd follow soon"