Chapter 33

CHAPTER 33

Summer sat at the student lounge alone. She sent texts to all of her friends but no one replied.

"Well this is strange. We all just hung out the other night, suddenly; all of us don't know each other now?" Summer talked to herself, "and none of them attended class since then, what the hell?"

While Summer continued to wait for a reply and ponder to herself, a group of girls who also attends some of the same classes, sat on the empty couch near Summer

"Hey did you hear? Seems like the trio of goddesses is broken up." one girl started, "Tasha backstabbed Amber"

Summer's ears perked up when she heard those names. She subtly moved closer and placed earphones into her ears to disguise her eavesdropping

"I always knew those girls would eventually do that to each other. Doesn't really surprise me" a girl added

"But wait, what actually happened?" another girl asked

"Well from what I heard. Tasha did something that caused Amber and her boyfriend to break up" one girl explained, "I don't know what she did exactly but I heard that it's so awful that even Yuri got mad at Tasha. Now, none of them are talking to each other"

Summer quickly stood and grabbed her bag, what she heard was enough to make her worry. She first decided to go to Amber since it was the nearest place. She also wanted to check if she's doing okay and wanted to know if the break-up was real.

Summer stood in front of Amber's door, she was about to knock when the door opened. Amber stepped outside, she looked fine but her tired, slightly red eyes say otherwise.

When Amber saw Summer, she harshly turned away, "If Toby sent you here, I don't want anything to do with you" she said coldly

"No one sent me here Amber" Summer countered, "Truth is, I heard stuff and I went here to see if you're-"

"Wait. You heard stuff?" Amber interjected, "People fucking know it now? Great."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, um, I just...well" Summer shyly looked down, as the situation slowly became awkward, "how are you doing by the way?"

"Great! Just peachy." sarcasm dripped from Amber's words, "In fact, why don't you go ahead and ask your cheating rat of a friend how peachy fucking everything is!"

Summer stood still at the sudden outburst of the girl in front of her, "I'm sorry Amber..."

Amber rolled her eyes, "Nice chat." then went back in and slammed the door at Summer's face

"Guess the break-up was true" Summer thought and sighed, "I need to talk to Toby and find out what happened"

-----

Several knocks on the door but still it remained closed. Kristen pulled out her duplicate key of her brother's room and slowly entered.

"Toby! Are you home?" Kristen yelled as she slowly walked into the dimly lit room

She searched and finally found the light switch. With a click, the place was lit but still no sign of Toby

Kristen placed the food she brought on the kitchen counter. She noticed another bag of food still there, untouched. Kristen sighed and went to her brother's room

She slowly came in and opened the lights.

Toby laid on his bed, blankly staring at the ceiling with blood shot eyes. Empty bottles of beer laid scattered on the floor