Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

Summer arrived at Toby's dorm and using Kristen's duplicate key, she entered the place and quickly looked for the boy

"I still have some leftovers Kristen!" Toby yelled as he made his way to the main door, "You don't need to keep bringing me foo-" the boy still in his sleepwear, looking like he didn't sleep at all, abruptly stopped when he saw Summer standing by the door instead of his sister

"W-what are you doing here Summer?"

"I came because I wanted to talk to you about something important" answered Summer as she took something from her pocket

"...what is it?"

Summer showed Toby the infamous photo, "About this. What happened Toby?"

Toby looked at his friend, looking defeated as ever, "You even got one...?" he spoke before sitting down at the nearby sofa, "You must think I'm disgusting for doing that..."

"I don't think that at all. This photo is bullshit to be honest. You and Tasha would never do this"

"You really believe that huh?"

"Of course I do, we know each other since the first day of college. You're a dumbass sometimes but you're not this" Summer threw the photo away, "You're a good person Tobes, sometimes you're even too nice for your own good"

Toby covered her face with his trembling hands, he was glad there was still one friend who's still by his side but at the same time, the overwhelming guilt he was feeling was too much to bear now.

Toby took a deep breath to calm himself. Maybe Summer's right, that he is good. But what he did to his friends and to the girl he loves was unforgivable and after wallowing in self-pity and guilt for a days. He's ready to make things right for the people he hurt

"What happened Tobes?" asked Summer with concern

"Nothing..." Toby answered letting out a huge breath, "Nothing happened between me and Tasha, Summer. Those photos were staged"

Summer looked at Toby, surprised at the sudden revelation of her friend, "what do you mean staged?"

"I had a camera set up. I took off some of her clothing and mine then posed as if we were in the middle of having sex" Toby confessed, his eyes fixated on the floor

Summer questioned, "Tasha just went along with all of this?"

"Tasha didn't know. She was passed out the whole time. She was drugged at the party."

Summer stared at the boy, flabbergasted by all of this, "Why would you even think of doing this Tobes?"

"Because I have to Summer! Because if I didn't; Amber's life will be ruined!" Toby stood and paced around, "I didn't want to do this but she left me with no choice! If I didn't follow her orders, she'd leak a video of Amber and I having sex and threatened to get Amber expelled. I can't let that happen, she worked so hard to get here! I just...I love her too much to just let that happen to her"

Summer went to him and grabbed onto Toby's shoulders, stopping him from moving, "You said you were ordered to do this. Who made you do this Toby?!"

Toby sighed and tightly shut his eyes, " Brenda"

Summer's arms fell on her sides after hearing the culprit's name. It was Brenda, the girl Amber and Tasha considered to be one of their best friends. This was all her doing.

"That fucking manipulative bitch!" Summer rushed to the door. Her hand was grabbing onto the doorknob when Toby reached and held onto her arm with force