Chapter 28

CHAPTER 28

It was a calm night. The two girls lay quietly in bed together, the bright screen of the laptop shining between them.

Tasha was still wide awake, not the same for the girl next to her though, "Hey..."

Yuri started to stir as she felt a pinching sensation on her left cheek

"...wake up"

Yuri opened her eyes and saw Tasha leaning towards her and lightly pinching her cheek "you fell asleep half-way through"

Yuri slowly sat and rubbed her eyes, "What time is it?"

"2am." Tasha closed the laptop and placed it on the bedside table

"2 a--? Why are you still awake?!"

"Xena was great! I couldn't look away and Gabrielle was an adorable Amazon princess"

Yuri chuckled, "Looks like I'm no longer the only one who's obsessed with XWP. Do you plan to sleep at all?"

"A little later, I'll enjoy the stillness of the night for a bit" answered Tasha, sitting at the edge of the bed, "Although, I was about to sleep earlier but someone was sleeping in my bed, just snoring and drooling everywhere"

Yuri gave the girl a look before throwing a pillow at her, "I do not drool! Snore maybe but not drooling!"

Tasha let out a loud laugh, "explain the wet spots then!"

"Oh wow, really? Really?" Yuri took another pillow and playfully hit Tasha, "says the girl who snores like a dump truck"

"Oh it's on!" Tasha grabbed onto Yuri's shoulders and began tickling Yuri's neck, a very ticklish spot Tasha accidentally found out but that's another story

The moment Tasha's fingers touched the back of Yuri's neck, the girl went down like a rock

"No! Wait! Stop!" Yuri struggled to get away but Tasha had her pinned down, "that's not fair!"

In between breaths and giggles, Yuri had managed to wiggle out, "Time out! Seriously I need to pee!" she said raising her hands in front of her

Tasha stopped and stared at a messy-haired Yuri before laughing out loud, "Why are so cute Yul?"

Yuri stopped when she heard her meaningful name escape from Tasha's lips. She stared at the girl with a quirky smile on her face

"What?" Tasha asked, noticing Yuri's stare

"Nothing, I just- I'm just still getting used to you calling me "Yul." I like hearing you call me that"

Tasha's lips curved upwards with happiness and gave the other girl a playful shove.

"And I'm actually not kidding about the pee thing, so I'm just gonna go to the bathroom for a bit"

Yuri stood and went to the bathroom. After the door closed, Tasha stood and slowly walked around the room. A soft smile showing on her lips, it was just a nickname but letting her say it means that she's special to Yuri.

Tasha's eyes wandered the room and were once again captured by the photos on the board. She approached it, staring specifically at the girl next to a brightly smiling Yuri. A smile that the photo doesn't even do justice

"I wonder...did she let you call her "Yul"?" Tasha whispered under her breath

Yuri stepped out of the bathroom and saw Tasha intently looking at the pictures. With everything that happened, was happening between them, Yuri felt that it's okay now to finally share her past with her hopefully, present.