Chapter 39

CHAPTER 39

The hospital doors burst open as Yuri and Brenda, in a stretcher, were wheeled in by the medics as doctors and nurses huddled to them. Both girls were bloody and unconscious.

Julia and Tasha, along with Toby, Summer, Kristen and Amber, could only stand and watch as Yuri and Brenda where brought into two different rooms to get treatment. All were unsure of whether they made it here in time to save both of those girls' lives.

-----

Julia and Tasha were invited to another room to get their wounds treated. After the nurses left, Summer entered the room. She went to Tasha and handed her a bottle of water and a sandwich she bought at the hospital canteen

"Eat something Tasha" Summer said, "With the things you went through, you need to refuel" then handed the same food items to the quiet woman next to Tasha, "You too"

Julia took the food items and gave a thankful nod.

Summer took a chair and sat in front of the two women, "The police are investigating the incident as we speak. Toby, Kristen and Amber are giving them the details" she said as the two girls quietly ate and listened, "There's no news about Yuri and Brenda yet but the doctors are trying their best"

After a quiet moment, Tasha bowed her head and began sobbing, "I can't lose her... I just can't..."

Summer reached and gently squeezed Tasha's hand, "You're not gonna lose Yuri. That girl is tough, it'll take more than a few bullets to get her down" she comforted her friend, but honestly speaking, Summer's very worried as well. Even she isn't certain whether Yuri could make it. The gun was shot so close to her body and the amount of blood that was spilled on that floor was horrifying.

Julia sighed deeply and spoke with her head down, "With what happened, I'm sure you think of Brenda as some kind of heartless monster but please believe me when I tell you she isn't. She's just a girl yearning for love and found it at the wrong place."

Tasha glanced at Julia with teary-eyes as she listened

"My parents worked at one of Brenda's family farms. They died in a fire when I was 8, Brenda and her family took me in and I worked as Brenda's personal caretaker. We basically grew up together so I know for a fact that the Brenda you all knew isn't the real her" Julia said, showing a small smile as she recalled her past days with Brenda and their years of growing up together, "Brenda is kind, caring, smart and passionate. When I was sad and deeply missing my parents, she would embrace me tight and smile at me so warm and bright, I'd forget that I was sad in the first place. She has her way of making you feel special and loved despite not knowing what being loved felt like"

Tasha stared at this girl she barely knew but the way she talked about Brenda. It was heart-felt and touching. She could feel it deep in her heart how special Brenda is to this person.

Julia let out a deep sighed as she continued to tell her story, "Despite being wealthy, Brenda was very lonely. Her parents were rarely at home and when they are, they just keep fighting 'cause both of them were having affairs with co-workers. She never really felt what it's like to be loved and cared for by someone and when Ricky showed her how it felt like. She got obsessed with it and when he left and took the only version of love Brenda knew, she had to blame someone else."

Julia finally turned to Tasha and meet her gaze, "I was supposed to take care of her but I failed to notice that she lost so much of herself when Ricky left her that she had made a new version of herself to overcome the pain. I was blind. I didn't see that she was hurting so much that she ended up hurting all of you"