Chapter 40

CHAPTER 40

Under the bright rays of sunlight, a light breeze flew by. Sounds of footsteps came nearer and nearer to a grave covered with fresh bouquets of flowers.

"Hey" Tasha spoke, placing her own bouquet of lilies near the grave, "I've been wanting to visit you for a while but I had a lot going on, I'm sorry" she then gently knelt, "You know, so many things have happened in the past five years. I was selfishly weak before then I became strong for the people I care about and I made new friends but also lost some... but despite the negative stuff, I'm still thankful for everything"

Tasha held a lily in her hand, fiddling with it as she continued to speak.

"Even though we've never really met in person, you still manage to meet me in my dreams which was pretty amazing to be honest" she chuckled, "And you told me one thing I never even considered to be real..."

A sound of another pair of footsteps came. Tasha turned to the source and saw Yuri, hands in her pocket, smiling ever so brightly at her

"That soul mates do exists and I found mine" Tasha closed her eyes, a single tear staining her cheek, not from sadness but from bliss, "Thank you Kaley, for Yuri"

"Hey" Yuri greeted placing a kiss on her lover's lips, "so, how's the one on one chat? I hope Kaley made a first good impression"

Tasha laughed, "Of course she did, she's one of the nicest girls I've ever met in my life!"

Yuri smiled. Although she was very happy with her life with Tasha now, it would have been so nice if Tasha and Kaley had really met in person.

"Do you want to talk alone with her for a few minutes?" asked Tasha

Yuri nodded and Tasha was quick to give her some alone time.

"Hey Kaley" Yuri greeted, standing in front of Kaley's grave, "I still don't know if it really happened or if I was just so unconscious but years ago, you said that you're always watching over me. So did I age gracefully or what?"

Yuri giggled, "man, I still remember, although vaguely, that weird encounter we had back then at that hospital"

Yuri sat quietly as she recalled that moment.

"It's time" Kaley simply said, then turned to Yuri and reached out her hand, "It's your call. Do you want to go with me? Or do you want to stay?"

Which is it? Will Yuri go with her first love? Or will she stay with her present love?

Yuri held Kaley's hand and pulled her into a tight embrace, white light shone brightly around them.

"I'm sorry Kaley. I can't go with you" Yuri whispered, "I can't leave Tasha like this. I love her"

"I knew you would say that" Kaley replied, pulling away slightly, "I can't blame you though. I met Tasha and she's great! Even I would have fallen for her too"

"You met Tasha?" Yuri asked with surprise

Kaley nodded cheerfully, "You have great taste in women Yuri, I mean, you fell for me and I'm pretty great too"

Yuri laughed as she let go of Kaley for the final time.

"Thanks for looking out for me Kaley" Yuri said, "I love you and I'll miss you"

Kaley smiled warmly, "I'll always love you too and thank you for making me happy when we were together" and placed a kiss on Yuri's cheek, "Be happy with Tasha, Yuri. You deserved it. Goodbye."

"Goodbye Kaley..."

Yuri smiled as the gentle breeze flew by.

Tasha went back and stood next to Yuri. Yuri glanced at her and smiled, "Do you want to tell Kaley the good news?"

"I want both of us to tell her" Tasha simply answered

Yuri then intertwined her hand with Tasha, "Look Kaley!" she held their hands up, showing sparkling rings on both of their ring fingers, "We're engaged!"

Both the women let out happy, excited laughter.

"I know in my heart that you're happy for us Kaley. You've always been a happy positive girl and I'm lucky to call you a best friend" Yuri then turned to the woman next to her, "Thank you Tasha for letting me into your heart and for loving me so much. I love you."

Tasha cupped Yuri's cheek and pressed her lips to Yuri's, "I love you too, so very much"

Yuri leaned in and captured Tasha's lips into a loving kiss, sealing a promise that they'll be together for the rest of their lives.

As Yuri and Tasha walked away, an apparition of a girl with loose braids wearing a white dress appeared beside Kaley's grave. She slowly placed her palm on her chest and looked at the lovers with happiness in her smile then disappeared completely without a trace.

THE END