Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Tasha was woken up by the loud ringing of her phone on her bedside table. She slowly sat up and groggily placed her right palm on her face. A pencil and her sketchpad laid nearby.  From the events last night with Yuri, Tasha felt like she wanted to draw and she did. At the wee hours of the morning, she finished a portrait of the girl who left an undeniable impression on her.

Tasha turned and slowly picked up the portrait she had drawn last night. The portrait showed Yuri with her hand reached out to her, a bandage still on her cheek and a sweet smile painted across her face. And just like last night, she wore the same hoodie and sported the same hairstyle.

Tasha stared at the portrait, still unable to grasp the reason why she decided to draw to girl she “hated” but one thing’s for sure, she liked the drawing.

The phone on her table continued to ring. Tasha stared at it for a few seconds, waiting for her alarm to go into snooze mode but it just continued ringing so Tasha reached for her phone to turn the alarm off but when she looked at it, there was a reminder flashing on the screen which said, “get up!! have Physical Ed class today!!!”

 And it took another second for her to realize that her class will start at 20 minutes

Although her first class today is only a minor one, Physical Education to be exact, Tasha can’t afford anymore late come-ins ‘cause she was already given a warning from the head office

“Oh shit!”

Tasha ran into the bathroom, took a really quick shower, went into her cabinet and pulled out a shirt and jeans. Her towel still wrapped around her hair as she struggled to get dressed. Once that was done, she quickly took a pen and a small notebook and grabbed her sneakers and her room key on the way out.

After hurriedly putting on the sneakers on the way down the stairs, Tasha ran with all her might towards the gymnasium where the Physical Ed class was going on. Tasha arrived at the entrance of the gymnasium, panting from all the running she did

“Hey” a voice greeted

Tasha looked and saw Yuri standing behind her, holding a can of cold ready-to drink coffee

“Sorry, all I have is coffee” she said then handed her the can

Tasha took it automatically and Yuri took it as a queue to get to class

Tasha followed suit. When they got closer, they noticed that everyone was paired up in twos

The PE teacher noticed them approaching and spoke with a raised eyebrow, “good of you two to show up”

“We’re very sorry we’re late, I had an errand to run” Yuri spoke then turned to Tasha

“And I woke up late, sorry…” Tasha spoke

The dance instructor looked at them with displeasure, “I’ll let you off this time but next time I won’t be considerate” she continued “since the two of you were late and all your classmates are already paired up, you two will be dance partners”

Tasha and Yuri turned to each other, both somewhat reluctant to be each other’s partners

“Okay, everybody listen up!, our topic will be dance!” the dance instructor announced, “So be nice to your partners as you two will help each other get good grades! Our midterms will be a written test but your finals will be an actual dance performance so I encourage you to learn every dance seriously, understood?”

The class reacted with a unanimous “yes”

“For now, I’ll explain the history of each dance. Get your notebooks and I’ll dictate the details…” the instructor continued