EXTRA #2 - Her Unbeknownst Romance

Amber was outside the hall, reluctant whether to go back in or to just go home.

"What are you doing out here?" a female voice from behind suddenly asked

Startled, she turned and saw Kristen with a cheeky smile on her face and holding two glasses of white wine in her hands

"Oh it's just you" Amber said with relief

"Okay rude" Kristen smirked, handing Amber a glass, "seriously, what are you doing here? The party's inside"

Amber took the glass, "I know! I just...Should I even be here?" then took a gulp of the white wine

"Yes! You got an invitation, didn't you?" Kristen said, "It's bad enough you didn't attend the wedding, now you're planning to ditch the reception too?"

"I'm an ex-girlfriend Kristen. I shouldn't even be invited in the first place!"

"Who told you that bullshit?" Kristen took a sip of her wine, "You're maybe an ex but more than that, you're still his close friend, and dare I say it, you're mine too"

Amber playfully pinched Kristen arms as she let out a chuckle.

"Hey! I'm serious here! So yeah we got on a rough start at college, with all the shit that we all went through back then but that was five years ago. We're not those people anymore, we're more immature but with lots of money"

Amber turned to Kristen and laughed. Thank god they became co-workers, working on the same projects and all those team building outings their company had resulted in a very close friendship between Kristen and Amber and a much needed closure and friendship as well between Amber and Toby

Kristen took Amber's hand and lead her to an empty bench nearby and the two sat down, "Tell me the truth here Amber Louise Greene, do you still have feelings for my brother??"

"No I don't!" Amber quickly answered, almost taking offense, "The thing we had was ages ago. I've so moved on!"

"Then what's the problem?"

"I'm just worried about Toby, what if seeing me again at his wedding stir up old unnecessary feelings?" she explained "I mean, I've completely moved on from him but did he completely moved on from me? I just don't want to ruin this good thing for him"

Kristen looked at Amber and can't help but smile which of course Amber noticed. She playfully bumped Kristen's shoulder, "What are you smiling about?"

"It's just...you're so caring. It's kind of gross" Kristen chuckled, "But trust me, Toby has definitely moved on. Do you think Candace will let her fiancé invite his ex if she knows he still has feelings for her?"

Amber thought for a bit, "you do have a point." she sighed with relief, "Ugh! those two are so perfect for each other!"

Kristen nodded, "Bet you wish you went to the wedding now" she said, finishing off her wine

Amber smiled coyly, "Yeah...'cause then I get to see you walk down the aisle wearing a dress, being all beautiful and bridesmaid-y"

"Are you saying I look ugly in the tux I'm wearing now?"

"Of course not! You're gorgeous in whatever but you're always in a pantsuit at office so I don't always get to see you in a dress" Amber said then snapped her fingers, "Dammit! I lost a photo opportunity"

Kristen chuckled at Amber's remark. This girl never fails to make her laugh.

Amber looked at Kristen and smiled sweetly in comfortable silence.

Kristen smiled back then suddenly stood, "so do you wanna dance?" she asked extending her hand to Amber

"I'd love to" she took Kristen's hand and the two went back inside just in time for the open dance floor with the newlyweds

The song playing was a sweet romantic one meant for couples but Kristen and Amber still went and slow danced with each other, only a few feet away from Toby and his new wife Candace.

"Thanks for letting me invite Amber to our wedding" Toby spoke to her wife as she held her close in a romantic dance, "I honestly thought you'd be angry at me for inviting her"

"Why would I be angry? What you two had was ancient history plus she's also your friend" Candace replied as she and her new husband swayed with the music, "and besides, you invited her for another reason right?"

Toby nodded as he looked at Kristen and Amber giggling and having fun, holding each other closely and dancing together

"They're still oblivious to each other's feelings huh?" Candace commented with a small smile, "Will they ever notice that they're in love with each other?"

Toby shrugged, "Only time will tell but I do hope they find true love in each other just like how I found mine in you"

Candace smiled as she leaned in kissed Toby, both excited and happy about their new life together.