CHAPTER 34: Work in the Dark

PORCHAY'S POV

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Lung Korn Calling...

"Hello, khrup?" I answered Lung Korn's call.

"Did you arrive safely? Are you already at the mansion?" He asked.

"Khrup."

"Are you the one who called the meeting?"

"Khrup. I just thought I needed to introduce myself and let my subordinates know that I'm here."

"But isn't it too early? Especially if everyone there knows you as the youngest of the minor family together with the capo coming to Italy on the same day, they might get suspicious." Lung Korn said which makes sense. But I don't intend to hide it from everyone for too long.

"I know, khrup. My only concern is Hia, I don't want him to know about this for now."

"Sure. I will help you with that. It's better if you tell him personally and not him knowing it from other people. Porsche will rage if that happens."

"Khrup. Thank you so much, Lung Korn." I thanked him.

"Take care, Porchay." He said then ended the call.

I then sighed heavily.

"Is there a problem, khrup?" Sean said.

I shook my head. I then walked towards the control room and grabbed the headphones.

"Mr. Lorenzo, what is this meeting for?" a middle-aged man said irritatedly.

"Be patient, Mr. Gio" Lorenzo, the head butler, said.

"Mr. Giovanni, one of the most powerful in 'The Circle' (The Circle is composed of heads of the families). I personally think that he's one of the traitors." Sean said.

"By the looks of him, he really is." I said. I've been watching his actions for the past months, he does have strong connections with the Costaliano.

I walked towards the microphone.

"Hello everyone." I said to them which confused them, and searched for where I was.

They saw me upstairs but they could only see my shadow.

"I have finally arrived, together with the youngest of the Theerapanyakul's main family." I said. They won't familiarize my voice as I am using a voice changer.

"Capo, why do you have to hide your face?" a woman said.

"No reason. I don't want to do this business just to be known as the Capo of The Circle. I showed up just to let you all know that I'm alive and working. Some of you thought that I'm not existing, doing things on their own, working as if I'm not existing." I explained.

"That's because you don't do your work as the Capo." The man beside Mr. Gio said.

"Mister, please do respect Capo." Lorenzo said.

"It's okay, Lorenzo. If I'm not working, everyone here would be dead. Unlucky, to those who are planning to betray The Circle, I can't guarantee that you'll last." I said.

"Stop that crap, Capo. Some of us decided to leave as we also have business with Costaliano's. We want our family to live, hope you understand, Capo." He said.

"So, you're gonna leave The Circle for the Costaliano's?" I asked, everyone then started talking to each other, reconsidering their thoughts, trying to convince one another.

LORENZO'S POV

I'm Lorenzo, the Head Butler of Mr. Porchay. I did all the work here in Italy, as Capo wasn't ready to take the responsibility. I do understand, he was very young back then. Now that he's already here I'm a bit concerned if he could handle things around here. All I did was to maintain The Circle until he was ready, but the members of The Circle wanted the throne and were stubborn. They did everything they could to sit as the head of the heads but didn't succeed, some started their own alliance and are now trying to pursue the families from The Circle to join them and take the ring away from Capo.