CHAPTER 39: Special Friend

PORCHAY'S POV

" Sniper, long time no see," I said to the guy sitting in front of me.

" Hey, Capo, huh?" He smirked.

" You chose to live in hell." He added.

"I always lived in hell, so why not get a living out of it, right? A win-win for me." I answered.

"Anyways, not Snake anymore? tired of living on the ground?" He then laughed.

" I realized that it's nice working in the shadows," He said while cutting the steak.

" Wow, you punk, used my code. You still have the guts." He then offered me a slice of his steak which I ate.

" Of course, bro. You're my idol since day one." He said.

I crossed my arms and frowned.

" Oh, so that's why you decided to shower bullets on my brothers' car." He then stopped eating.

" Chay, I was paid to do that but I just watched from afar then my clients' men decided to shower bullets before I even make a move. I planned to just shoot a few of them near your brothers' car. You also know that I won't do that to you." He explained.

" You mean, you planned to do this?" I pulled my gun out and shot a few bullets near him which made him shiver because of the shock.

" Didn't expect that at all." he then cleared his throat and sat straight.

"I'm sorry, okay? I have no intention to hurt you or your family. I'm doing my work but will never betray you even if it'll cost my life." he pleaded.

" I'm watching you, Ver. I might be temporarily living miles away from here but do know that I have eyes everywhere. Betraying me also means your death wish and you know I grant wishes very well" I firmly said to him.

" I know, Chay. If you need help with things that I'm good at, I'm only a call away. I'll do it for free, just for you." I just nodded.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

I saw that he just looked at his phone and ignored so I gave him a glare telling him to answer it but he just shook his head.

"Answer it, I won't meddle, promise." he just sighed, answered his phone, put it on speaker, and placed it between us.

" Hey, I've never heard of you doing such a bad job." the woman on the other line said.

I am not surprised that it's a woman this time.

" It's not my fault that you're impatient."
Ver answered calmly.

" So now, it's my fault?!" the woman raised her voice.

" Is it supposed to be me who's at fault? In the first place, who would hire a sniper to shower bullets on someone's car? I use a sniper madam, not a f*cking machine gun." Ver answered while enjoying his steak.

I just smiled and shook my head. This guy really doesn't care, the only brave man who would confront his client boldly.

The woman then hung up.

We both looked at each other and laughed loudly.

" I'm sorry I can't stay here longer," I said to him and prepared to head out.

He also stood up and hugged me.

"Ai'Ver, you're not planning to stab me, right?" I said.

He then hit me on the head.

"Stop being dumb, okay?" He said.

I giggled and patted his back.

" I gotta go. Take Care, Dumbass. Let's catch up soon." he just nodded and continued enjoying his food.

As I walk out of the restaurant, I was thinking about who that woman might be. I never had any arguments with a woman.

Then I stopped when someone popped into my mind. Hell no?! That woman can't be her, I mean she won't take that seriously, right? Then if that's the reason it's not that deep to hold a grudge on me.

I have to head home, I haven't heard from Sean since he dropped me off. That's quite alarming.

(A/N: Hellooo! How are you? Hope everyone's doing great. I miss you, guys. Enjoy the update! )