CHAPTER 44: Rescue

SEAN'S POV

Driving down the road, Khun Porchay was still peacefully asleep in the passenger seat. I tried to maintain a slow pace, not wanting to disturb his rest. Suddenly, an unexpected sight unfolded before us – a wounded man stumbled across the road, appearing to be pursued. As he collapsed, I swiftly pulled the car over, rushing to his aid.

"P-Porchay," he gasped.

"Khun Macau?" I uttered in disbelief, helping him up, but he lost consciousness. To my surprise, Khun Porchay was already by our side.

"Cau?! What happened here, Sean?" he inquired, cradling Khun Macau in his arms.

"I don't know, khrup. I found him weakly walking beside the road. He fell and lost consciousness," I replied.

PORCHAY'S POV

I awoke inside the car, initially alarmed not to find Sean at the wheel. My anxiety dissolved as I saw him assisting someone on the road. Drawing nearer, I recognized the wounded man – Cau. I rushed to his side, holding him in my arms.

"Cau? Cau, wake up!"

I pleaded, gently patting his cheeks. He remained unconscious, his weakened state and injuries raising concern. What happened to you, Cau?

"Khun Porchay, khrup. I'm afraid we have to leave," Sean cautioned, scanning our surroundings.

"And leave him here? No, Sean, we can't. If I have to take him to Italy, I would," I insisted.

"If that's what you want, Khun, but let's move now before anyone sees us if you want Khun Macau to be safe, khrup." We nodded in agreement and carefully carried Cau to the car.

*ring*
Calling P'Vegas...

"Porchay, you called. What's going on?" P'Vegas answered.

"I should be the one asking you what's going on, P'Vegas khrup," I responded.

"What are you talking about? Everything's great," he calmly replied.This guy was the worst liar; his pride still shone through.

"Wegath, who are you talking to? Aren't you puzzled at all? Your brother's gone!" P'Pete shouted at him.

"Umm, Porchay. I have something else to do. Can I just call you later?" Did he think I hadn't heard what P'Pete said?

"P'Vegas, khrup. Sorry if this will be disrespectful, but I will kick your ass when we meet. Macau's with me, and you've got a lot of explaining to do. I called you on your private phone because this should not be known by the main family. Understood, khrup?" I firmly stated.

"Okay, Porchay. Thank you so much. I'll go to Italy and talk to you if I could ditch the main family. This will be between us," he agreed.

"Okay, khrup. I will take care of Cau, for now. I will call you when we get there," I said, and we bid farewell.

What really happened to you, Cau? Who did this to you? Why did they do this?

(A/N: Another short update for you to make up with how long I did not have any update. I hope everyone will have a good day, I miss you all❤️ Enjoy this chapter and leave your insights!)