chapter iv.

shakira - la la la

˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

They entered the pitch, being met by different types of yells in the audience. Some cheering for them, some booing. The pitch displayed silver with a mix of green on one side, along with red and yellow on the other.

Y/n nervously held onto her broom, putting on a tight smile as she walked slowly towards Madam Hooch, who was waiting for her alongside with Harry.

"Well then, captains shake hands." She had her hands behind her back, a smile on her face. Both Harry and Y/n just glared at a eachother, not moving a single muscle. Madam Hooch noticed this, and pointed towards their direction, signaling for them to quit glaring and just shake hands.

Y/n put her hand out, Harry taking it and squeezing it tightly, pulling her a bit towards himself. Their glares never left, both still staring deeply into each other's eyes with pure hatred. Y/n shaked his hand aggressively repeatedly, squeezing it as tight as she could. Harry squinted his eyes, following her actions.

The referee noticed this as she nervously chuckled and carefully put them apart, both of them slightly stumbling back due to force between them earlier.

"Alright mount your brooms ... three ... two ... one!" The whistle went off, Y/n immediately kicking herself from the ground. Everyone, including Harry, followed shortly after.

She dived amongst the chasers, trying to find a glimpse of the gold snitch, but to her disappointment it was no where to be seen.

"By the looks of it, Esme's team this year is built mostly off of her friends. Nearly everyone is the same as last year, maybe one new member added? Benefits of being friends with the captain, i guess." Y/n gritted her teeth as she heard a boy speak through the megaphone, a grin on his face.

Harry heard all of what he said, a snicker leaving his lips. But he obviously spoke too soon, because another statement came out of the speaker shortly after. "I see Potter kept Weasley in his, another great friend of the captain. It'll look tough for gryffindor this year if 5th year repeats with Weasley in it." After Harry heard his, he felt himself fuming. How could someone speak about his best friend like that?

Ron's smile turned into a sad looking frown as he stood in one of the hoops, feeling embarrassment and red come to his cheeks.

Y/n noticed all of this, of course she didn't feel bad for Potter but she felt sorry for Ron when she saw how embarrassed he got. She can't imagine the shame he must've felt after hearing that. She shook her head, getting back on track to find the snitch.

She dived through the players, her eyes everywhere. For a moment, she thought she saw something above her, so the girl decided to follow that direction. Harry noticed this and followed her, glaring.

"What's wrong Esme? Can't seem to find anything?" He flew next to her, both of them going at the same speed next to eachother.

"I could say the same for you." She yelled through the crowd, sending Harry a look. "Can't be speaking when you haven't even spotted a glimpse of it."

"And how would you know that?" He scoffed. "I'm going to beat your ass so hard this time." He smiled proudly, watching as she started laughing.