chapter xii.

zara larsson - ain't my fault

˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

"Ron, Hermione, i'm actually going to go insane." Harry stormed out of the dorm room to the common room, Ron sitting next to the fireplace with Hermione peacefully. Both of them looked in unison, confusion written on their faces.

"What's wrong?" He asked, eyes traveling to Harry as he aggressively took a seat on one of the couches, flopping down.

Potter took a deep breath. "I'm going over to Y/n's for Christmas.. AGAIN." He stared to the side.

Hermione and Ron looked at each other, fazed by the idea. "Can't be that bad Harry, you two seem like you've gotten a little closer since the incident.." Hermione said.

He scoffed. "Absolutely not. I've told you it did nothing, we're still as distant as ever and nothing's going to change that." Ron and Hermione gave each other a look. "I really don't want second year Christmas to repeat.." He trailed off, sighing deeply.

"Okay.. why was it so bad?" Ron shrugged, not understanding the frustration of his best friend.

They ran up the stairs, Y/n pausing mid-way, making the boy lightly stumble back. "Can you not do that?" He held the barrier, holding his balance.

"2 meter distance from me." She glared. "Don't make me repeat myself, Potter." He scoffed under his breath, going back a few steps.

"Happy?"

"Certainly."

They entered Y/n's room, silence between them. This wasn't just awkward as hell but also stressful. You're in one room with your enemy, what could happen? Everything, absolutely everything. Especially with the Slytherin girl who was capable of anything.

He walked slowly, observing everything in her large room. "Touch anything and i will end you." She sat at her bed, not even bothering to look at him. Harry rolled his eyes to that, resuming his observation.

"Well you wouldn't think it was exactly pleasant now would you Ron?" He sighed, playing with the fabric of the couch. "We were 12 and she threatened to hex me at least 3 times. My dumbass believed her."

"Yeah okay i see where you're coming from now." Ron shrugged. "But think about, you're older now. You're 16 now - i'm sure it'll go better."

Hermione looked at the ginger boy as he spoke "Ron's right Harry - you're older and smarter it will be better." She smiled. "Although you two still act like little children."

"Thanks, Mione." He smiled.

"Who're you taking to Slughorn's Christmas party?" Hermione asked Harry, changing the subject.

Ron scoffed, turning to look at the girl. "Slughorn's hosting a Christmas party?" They stared at him in silence. "Of course i'm not invited."

"Ron, don't be sad. None of these parties are fun, dead honest." Hermione rubbed his shoulder, giving him a light smile. He returned it back, still a tad bit upset, but he really appreciated his best friend for trying to cheer him up.

"I think i'm taking Ginny." He sighed.

The two Gryffindors looked at each other with a frown. "You certainly don't seem too enthusiastic about that, mate." Ron chuckled.