chapter xvi.

two feet - i feel like i'm drowning

˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

The two teens walked into the girl's bedroom, placing their luggage down. Harry looked around carefully, observing everything that's changed in the last 4 years.

Her bed was certainly bigger, the tiny single bed she used to own turned into a double bed with gorgeous white and grey bedding. Scented candles placed on her bedside table, mostly vanilla. More on the chest of drawers and even more on the windowsill. Shit, Esme really liked candles didn't she?

Other than that nothing has really changed, just the aesthetic of her room really and maybe a few pieces of furniture moved around.

"You done observing and calculating everything's that's changed in my room?" Y/n said. It's like she was reading his mind.

Harry quickly shook his head, realizing what daze he had just gotten out of. "Yeah, whatever. So.. am i sleeping on a mattress or the floor?"

Y/n looked up at him up and down judgmentally. "None? You're sleeping on my bed. Believe me i'm as appalled as you are but my mum wouldn't let it go." She sighed, walking to the bed and patting down a spot.

Potter closed his mouth into a thin line. "I can sleep on the floor you know."

"I know and i wish you could." She said calmly. "But we don't have a choice, my mum claims that this bed is appropriately big for the two of us. I mean it is called a double bed for a reason." Esme shrugged.

Harry didn't reply to that, instead he moved over his luggage and started to unpack some things. "Do you still have your own bathroom?"

"Well where do you fucking think that door goes?" She pointed to the door, rolling her eyes.

"Well." Potter shrugged as he walked over to that door, opening it to reveal a gorgeous bathroom. Marble and white covered it, it was so neatly organized he couldn't believe his eyes. Who knew Y/n Esme could keep such a clean room?

In front of him was a huge vanity mirror, he stopped in front of it with widened eyes. In the mirror he could see his and Y/n's reflection walking up behind him, crossing her arms.

"You good?" She laughed.

"Your bathroom certainly changed." He scratched the back of his neck, turning around.

"Well i'm not 12 anymore, of course it was going to change." Y/n rolled her eyes jokingly. "Just get what you need done, I want to take a shower."

"Wow, you're letting me go first?"

"No i'm saying you can unpack." With that she left the bathroom, her (h/c) colored hair swaying behind with her. Harry looked at the spot she stood at for a slight moment, before returning back to reality as he reached for his luggage.

"Where are you going?" He spoke up when he saw her open the door to her bedroom.

"Downstairs for a minute. When i get back you better be unpacked." With that Y/n left, her slippers echoing.

Harry huffed, getting back to what he was doing. He saw a small basket placed next to the sink with a ton of products placed in it, sitting on a chest of drawers. Ah, that's perhaps where he should put his stuff in. Esme mentioned something about her leaving a free drawer just for him. How nice of her.