VOLUME 4 CH 1: Deathless

(This is a struggle bus for sure to get started again. But damnit im trying. I'm going to choose to call the main character Soran in the story for now, but by all means don't throw away any name you may have had for him.)

_________________________________________

???

...

Where...am I...?

...

I cant...see...

...

Theres no sound...

...

I'm standing...and sitting...and...

...

Falling...?

...

"Man...this sucks..."

...

I cant hear my own voice...

...

Am I sleeping...?

"Hello...? Is...anyone there...?"

...

"Ruby?"

...

"Yang...?"

...

"Anyone...please..."

...

"I'm...cold..."

...

Ok...now I'm starting to get mad...

If I could just...open...my...eyes...

The effort was tremendous...like my eyes hadn't opened for hundreds of years, I felt like I was slipping out of a coma...it must've taken minutes, but when my eyes did finally crack open, the first thing I saw...

"Oh god damnit..."

Was the ground. And it wasted no time greeting me as I slammed into it hard enough to bring back my hearing with the great boom of the crash. I felt the ground crumble and shatter under me as momentum dragged me through the frozen soil, leaving a smoking scar in the dirt that flooded my nose with an almost sulfuric smell.

I must've been dragged 50 yards, maybe more before I grinded to a stop...dirt and debris fell on and around me, thrown far and wide from the impact as I lay there, trying to collect myself. My head was spinning as I felt the last of the debris settle and the harsh cold breeze sweep into me, chilling my already aching body...

Thankfully, it didn't take long for my hearing to slowly fade back in, like tinnitus fading after a gunshot, I listened as the wind howled around me and a crashing noise of presumably a tree falling rang out through the frozen wood.

It was the middle of the day...but you could hardly tell from the sky. Dark clouds blanketed the sky in every direction, slowly drifting by as the left the gentle snowfall in their wake.

My body felt like it was made of pins and needles as I tried to stir any movement from my numb limbs, I could hear my bones crack and snap, but I felt no pain.

Minutes went by, cracking, snapping and groaning before I could finally move my arms and legs again. I felt stiff, like I hadn't moved in years, and felt my joints pop and settle into their proper place as I slowly pulled myself to my knees. I had thought my bones were all snapping. But somehow, they were pulling themselves back together.

I looked down at my hands, and watched as the skin on my arms, cut, gouged and charred black from the impact, quickly healed, flesh seeming to regenerate from nothing, until it was completely healed, and my skin back to its natural white.

"Thats definitely new..."

My skin wasn't flickering anymore either. It was just...normal. I focused on my body, trying to shift back into that state of intangability I lived in for so long. I felt something stir in me. Swirling around like a wirlpool, but I couldn't bring it forward. Not now at least.

Letting my hands fall to my sides I finally looked up at my surroundings. There wasn't anything special about it, other than I had no idea where I was. The snow fell gently across a great forest. Honestly it was breathtaking. Any other day, I would've loved to be here...

'I would've loved to bring the team here...'

The team...I had no idea if I'd seen any of them again...I didn't even know what planet I was on. I prayed I was still on Remnant.

Finally I pulled myself to my feet, picking a direction and starting to walk, hoping I'd find some kind of civilization.

...

It wasn't until a strong bite of cold wind hit me that I realized I wasn't wearing any clothes...

And my powers still weren't working...

"Fan-fucking-tastic...what do we do now Soran..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! I know this is insanely short, and probably pretty disappointing for the first actual thing I've written in forever, and I'm so sorry for the wait! I'm working my ass off to write more, so hopefully I'll have something soon! Thank you so much, all of you who keep waiting for me. Its so much more than I deserve.