V3 Ch3: Omens

(Hue? How's everyone doing after the last chapter? I doubt many people were expecting it!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person Pov

Y/n: "This is...the worst...like, ever."

David: "To be fair, you're the one who sent them away."

Y/n scowled slightly from his upright position on the bed. It was now noon of the next day, and he had just woken up from his medically induced sleep a few hours ago. Blake had taken over for Weiss on their watch of sorts, and of course was quick to alert the rest of the team to the fact he was awake.

The girls had spent a good hour catching him up on what had happened, with of course David, who was present at the time, clearing up any gray areas. To his knowledge, he caught a violent case of flashbacks, and his heart, as well as most of his critical brain functions, summarily checked out for a solid two minutes.

Turning his attention to the male nurse at his bedside, who seemed to be doing checks on the couple pieces of medical equipment he was still attached to, Y/n regarded David with what almost seemed like contempt at the man's remark.

Y/n: "Its the Vytal Festival Tournament. I'm not gonna let any of them sit in here, wallowing over me when they could be out there, enjoying all of it."

Replying with a simple hum, David finished checking the equipment before turning his attention to Y/n himself, speaking to the boy with rigid stoicism.

David: "Hold still."

David shut his eyes for a few moments, opening them once more as his eyes turned a pure emerald green, with seemingly no pupils. Despite the absence of irises however, Y/n could still feel David's gaze move up and down his person.

David: "Interesting..."

Quickly blinking, David's eyes suddenly returned to their natural state.

"You seem to be just fine physically. But you pretty much short circuited your entire nervous system. Moving is going to feel strange, alien. It'll take you a while to acclimate, and you definitely won't be fighting in any tournament."

Y/n: "So what your saying is I pretty much need to learn to walk again?"

David: "It won't be that hard. I'd give it a day or two. Your nerves will teach themselves once they all finish waking up. Once that happens you'll be on your feet like nothing ever happened."

Grasping his pen and clipboard on the bedside table, David seemed as if he was about to write something down, but stopped, seemingly conflicted as to what he should write down. It wasn't hard for Y/n to pick up on.

Y/n: "I haven't seen you hesitate on anything since the moment you walked in here. Just spill it already."

Rolling his eyes in the first display of emotion Y/n had witnessed from the man, David dropped his clipboard into the trash can.

David: "You've recovered extremely fast. Any normal person would find themselves stuck in this room for a month after what you just went through."

Seemingly finding no pleasure in explaining himself, David swiftly yet painlessly removed Y/n's IV, discarding the device with noticeable disdain.

"Not to mention your wired weird too. Your nerves are all tied around in a way I've never even seen before, and your bones are denser than anything I've seen. Its like your made of fucking tungsten."

Shaking his head at the informational overload David was giving him, Y/n quickly halted the nurse.

Y/n: "Ok, first off, how do you even know all this? I wasn't out long enough for you to get a scan on all that."