The Break: Goodbye, To A World

(...the time has come...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Beacon Tower, Elevator

Early morning, sunrise

3rd Person Pov

Y/n: "Are you sure about this rosebud? I'm still not sure if I'm ready to do this..."

Ruby turned to face her partner, who stood nervously as the elevator climbed Beacon Tower. He contemplated on whether or not he should follow through with what was about to happen. He had never done anything like this before. He knew it would have to happen eventually, but he was putting it off and he knew it. She stood in front of him and took his hands into her own.

Ruby: "Theres nothing to be afraid of Y/n. You need this and you know it. I know it can seem...weird at first...and it wont be easy, it never is. But I think it will help you. It certainly helped me. And besides, weve got a small break before the new semester starts, and it's the perfect time to head home to Patch and do it. We wont have another chance like this until the Vytal Festival, and when that time comes, you'll be glad we did this once already."

She continued to look up at him while he thought. Eventually he took a deep breath looked back at her.

Y/n: "Okay. We'll do it. Where will we even put it though?"

Her gaze seemed to zone out for a second as she recalled the familiar cliffside they would soon be visiting, given this visit went well. She snapped out of it however and responded, although sorrow laced her voice.

Ruby: "I have a place in mind. I dont think she would mind if it went there. She would probably approve actually."

Y/n: "Now it's my turn to ask if you're okay. What's wrong Ruby?"

She sniffed slightly as she kept herself in check. Just a little bit longer...

Ruby: "I really am okay. Really. It just...like I said it never really gets easier. It's alright though, you'll meet her soon enough."

A silence settled in the elevator for a short while before the elevator dinged, telling them they had reached their destination. A familiar voice came through the elevators speakers as the door unlocked.

Ozpin: "Come in."

She smiled and held his hand tighter.

Ruby: "Come on. Let's go."

Y/n: "Right."

The elevator door opened to reveal the large office at the top of Beacon Tower. It was a large circular room that could only be described by the clockwork designs and structures that littered the walls and made up the ceiling. Behind a large desk, sitting in a similarly styled chair, was none other than professor Ozpin himself. He was propped up on his elbows, his hands against his chin as he seemed in deep thought. He looked over to the duo that entered the room and sat up in his chair.

Ozpin: "Ah, Mrs. Rose. Mr L/n. I trust you two are enjoying your break thus far?"

Ruby: "Uh yeah! Things are good! Definitely excited for the Vytal Festival!"

Y/n: "Yeah. Sounds like a lot of fun."

Ozpin: "Yes, the tournament will be something to remember for sure. But I dont believe you came here to discuss that just yet. What can I do for you two?"

Y/n looked to Ruby with a nervous expression, and she squeezed his hand in reassurance. He was still unsure about this. But with her...he could do this.