Chapter 7: Beacon Academy

(I'm back and feeling a bit better! Still a little under the weather but I think I can tackle this chapter. Now I've been thinking about giving this story a theme and for at least the first two volumes I was thinking this. It's up above so let me know what you think of it. Now, let's get goi- oh god is he throwing up?)

(*halfway through writing* wait how the fuck is this NUMBER NINE in rwbyfanfic!?!?! Its only got like 5 total votes! I have no idea how that works but thank to those who have read this!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's Pov

"Silence your fears, weve got to move higher, high like the stars in the sky, guiding us all.

Battle the will, of those who conspire, take back the passion to live, vanish the sorrow-"

Ruby: "What song is that? I've never heard it before." Ruby snapped me out of my trance with that question, also gaining Yangs attention but since I was currently intangible she just assumed I was who Ruby was talking to.

Currently we were on an airship heading to Beacon academy, the day after I woke up. After the whole meeting Tai and Yang fiasco things actually went pretty well. I was honestly surprised with how easily they welcomed me after the initial talk we had. After some messing around with it I had discovered that I was actually able to hold my tangible form for as long as I want, even sleep in it if I wanted, I guess it was just a little taxing the first time I used it, or maybe it was because of that barrier I made? I dont know. I havent been able to recreate what I did so I guess we'll have to wait and see in that department. I was currently just standing next to Ruby as we were waiting for the airship to arrive at Beacon, it's a good thing the other students on this airship seem to be so oblivious, or Ruby would look insane.

Y/n: "Oh! Sorry I do that sometimes. It was a song from earth called "Carry On" by a band called Avenged Sevenfold. They made a lot of good rock songs I used to listen too. I'm honestly super glad that my memory of music came with me to remnant." I responded to Ruby. She tilted her head slightly at the first part of my sentence, and raised an eyebrow when I mentioned the band made rock music.

Ruby: "Why? Did you used to sing a lot? Also I never really took you for the rock and roll type. I'm not complaining though, I love rock music!" She said to me. Towards the end of her sentence she jumped a little in place with a bright smile on her face. She was always like this whenever she found out something new about me. I cant really judge though, I loved learning more about her just as much.

Y/n: "Oh I used to listen to all sorts of music. It was pretty much one of the only things I loved. I would have playlists of music that went for like 30 hours with all sorts of music in them. Although I'll admit I was a pretty big metal head. I guess it just kinda helped me cope. I didnt sing a lot but sometimes when I had a song in my had I'd catch myself humming or singing." Ruby seemed a little down after I mentioned my past life on earth. She knew I wasnt very happy then and she didnt like accidentally bringing it up, she told me once that it felt like she was reminding me of something I'd rather forget. "Hey." She looked back up at me as i called her attention, and I ruffled her hair a bit and continued with a smile. "I'm fine rosebud. You didnt do anything wrong. Honestly it's good for me to remember my life, it helps me keep in mind how lucky I am to be here with you now. If you want then later I can sing you some more songs I used to listen to." She was noticeably happier now and gave a smile so bright it could've blinded some people. Her smile was always worth it.

Ruby: "I'd like that! Anyways, what were you gonna say Yang?" She turned back to her sister, who gained a huge grin and lifted her sister up in a bone crushing hug.