V2 Ch1: Round Two

(Here we go baby! Volume 2....BEGINS!!! I. AM. SO. HYPED FOR THIS! In my personal opinion, volume 2 is where things finally get interesting, and we finally delve into the nitty gritty. That and I get to KICK SOME ASS. Let's get started! Also, let me know what you think of the song I've chosen for volume 2! And let me know if you have any suggestions! The song will not be set in stone until v2 ch3, so you've got time. Now! Let's get...messy.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Team RWBY Dorm, Noon

3rd Person Pov

Weiss and Blake sat across from eachother in Team RWBYs dorm. They were still awaiting the return of their three other teammates, although they were expected back today.

Currently however, they sat on the floor across from eachother, staring at eachother with icy concentration, and competitive air. They were currently locked in an hour long battle of wit and intellect, as a chess board lay between them.

Weiss was in a tough spot. She had nothing but her king, and a knight left to her name, while Blake still sported a bishop and her queen. Weiss's king was backed into a corner, and Blake was trying her hardest to secure a checkmate, but Weiss's defense seemed impenetrable, as her lone knight had already claimed many brave pieces. These last few turns would decide the fate of the game...

Weiss moved her knight to a more defensive position...

Blake saw an opening...

She went to make her move...

And then the door burst open in a tempest of shadows and rose petals, startling the poor cat faunas into misplacing her queen, a fatal mistake. The storm that burst into the room settled in front of the window to reveal none other than beacons resident enigma, and the red reaper herself, who was riding on the boys shoulders, Y/n L/n and Ruby Rose, who had finally returned from their week long outing to Patch over the semester break. The ever energetic Ruby greeted her black and white teammates with enthusiasm from her perch on Y/n's shoulders.

Ruby: "We're baaaaaaack!!" She loudly proclaimed, throwing her arms up in a small self celebration of their return. However her greeting was almost ignored as Blake watched in despair while Weiss seized her mistake and locked down her king, securing a checkmate and winning the last game of their set.

Y/n was much less flashy in his greeting, simply standing there with a relaxed grin.

Y/n: "Yo."

Blake's short depression over the lost game of chess disappeared as she stood up to welcome back her teammates with her usual, nonchalant attitude. Most people would think Blake hates people the way that she tends to interact, but this isnt the case. She simply prefers to stay quiet.

Blake: "Welcome back." She looked around in temporary confusion. "Where is Yang?"

She didnt have to wonder for long as Yang walked through the door looking her normal self.

Yang: "Oh I'm just Yangin around. Nothin special. What about you two? Get up to anything special while we were gone?"

Blake: "No, nothing really."

Blake watched with some interest as Y/n playfully tossed Ruby off his shoulders up onto her bunk, eliciting some amused giggles from the team leader. In fact, all three of them seem in rather high spirits. Weiss took notice as well, standing up beside her felinid companion.

Weiss: "What about you three? You all seem rather cheerful. Things go well?"

Y/n hopped up and sat next to Ruby with his legs dangling over the edge of the bed as he turned to and addressed his teammates.