Chapter 4: A Dance in the Dustshop

(My arms are exploding from Navy training...anyways why dont we start moving towards the ACTUAL story why dont we? Ozzy boy is in for a trip...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n Pov

It's been about a month since I found myself bound to Ruby. I still feel like that could've gone better but honestly...now that I look back at it it's kinda hilarious. I find it kind of strange how comfortable me and Ruby have become around eachother in such a short amount of time, weve only known eachother for a month now and I feel like I've known her my life. Seriously we share a ridiculous amount in common, from our love of sweets to our excitable nature over weapons, we never seem to have too dull a moment around eachother and if I'm being perfectly honest...

I have no problems spending this new half-life of mine with her.

Oh right that, so we did some experimenting and it turns out that Ruby hit the nail right on the head, our souls have somehow fused and bonded with eachother, cause my new form seems to be made entirely out of a combination of both our auras. Now the initial thought would be that this would slightly drain, and weaken Ruby's aura, but it seems to do the opposite. She's told me that when she trains now, she seems to have a lot more stamina than before, and she can seemingly use her semblance for even longer without draining her aura too much. Of course when we found this out we thought it was absolutely amazing, and decided to celebrate rate by stealing some cookies from the kitchen. Now dont get me wrong I love sweets with a PASSION, especially cookies, but Ruby is an absolute FIEND for them. Seriously the rate at which she devours a plate of cookies is astonishing. And on yet another high note I've made the amazing discovery that, while I dont particularly need too, I CAN STILL EAT AND TASTE. I seriously dont know how I would've went on if I couldnt still taste delicious food. It's one of the only parts of life I ever enjoyed.

Ruby at one point also decided she wanted to see what I was capable of in this form, so one night she snuck us out of the house and into the forest to find some grimm. Now I wasnt exactly weak in life but I wasnt likely to win a fistfight, which is why it really surprised me when I sent an alpha Beowulf through a tree with a single punch. One thing that was interesting yet kind of unfortunate was the fact that the grimm are capable of 'sensing' me in a way, seeing as they are drawn to emotion. It was only after we got back to the house that Ruby spilt how much danger we were actually in when she told me how active grimm tend to be on Patch at night, I was a little annoyed after I learned that but I couldnt stay toooo mad seeing as we made it out alright. We haven't had an opportunity to see what else I'm capable of yet seeing as the only other sorts of combat practice weve had was either on practice dummy's or sparring with Yang or Tai, and seeing as how they weren't likely to react well to a shadow of someone's soul having bonded to their sister/daughter...we decided to hold off on that. We knew it was likely I'd be revealed to them at some point, bit we decided that it would be best to hold off on that as long as we could.

All those recent events have eventually led up to now, where Ruby and I are catching a bullhead to Vale. I thought the bullhead was pretty neat at first seeing as there isnt much like it back on earth but I managed to contain my astonishment, I mean I dont want earth to seem TOO inferior to remnant. The reason we were headed to Vale was because classes were set to start back up at Signal academy soon, and Ruby wanted to visit a dust shop she liked in Vale. She mostly wanted to go there because it always has the latest and newest gear as well as magazines on what's coming down the line, which that part I could understand. What I didnt understand was why we were going there at like 9 o,clock in the evening! Seriously!!! My FIRST visit to Vale and it's when pretty much all I want to do at the moment is fall in bed. I guess I didnt have much room to complain though, as Ruby had been a little preoccupied getting me settled in over the last month.