Chapter 3: Here to Stay

(I havent actually seen kamen ruder sorry. I also have no idea what is being said in the song but I think its atmosphere might work here. Hope you enjoy)

-------------------------‐---------------------------------------

Y/n POV

Ya know to say today was 'interesting', would be one of the biggest understatements in my life, or well...afterlife? Honestly I'm still trying to figure that part out. After the initial get to know you me and Ruby shared this morning, which admittedly could've gone a bit better, we spent most of the day figuring out what exactly our situation was. Whilst doing our best not to make Ruby seem insane to her dad and sister. So we ended up doing some limit testing. Turns out Ruby was right in some way, we seem to be tethered to eachother somehow, with Ruby more or less being the anchor point. Ruby so far is the only one who can see, hear or much less interact with me, I also cant stray too far from Ruby without experiencing some...discomfort, in short it feels like my very soul is being ripped from me. Its EXCRUCIATINGLY painful and not at all worth it, Ruby apparently feels something very similar, she described it as something like 'something was tugging hard on her soul, trying to move it'. We decided not to mess around with that too much, so far though it seems I can move about 20 yards away from her before we experience anything strange. While we found put thatvRuby is the only one who can interact with ME, it isn't the same the other way around, I seem to be able to interact with just about anything so long as I want to, if I dont then whatever it is will just, pass right through me, we had some good fun driving Ruby's dad taiyang ul the walls with me constantly tapping him on the shoulder, I swear he was so close to losing his mind hahaha... *ahem*. My appearance hasnt changed at all either. I'm still in the getup I described before, slightly transparent, and still sporting that shadow like black color, and honestly...I look pretty fuckin sweet. I honestly dont know the extent of my capabilities yet but that's just something that'll have to wait. Only time will tell with these things.

Throughout the day Ruby was telling me all about this world, 'Remnant' as she called it. From what I understand there are 5 major continents, with only 4 of them being majorly inhabited. There are also 4 major kingdoms where most of humanity is located. The continent known as anima houses the kingdom of mistral, anima lies in the east and sound kinda like Asia to me. Way up north is Mantle which houses the kingdom of Atlas, think of it like a habitable Antarctica, Atlas is also full military style from what I understand. To the south of Anima lies The Menagerie. It's much smaller than all the other continents and also houses most of the population of what Ruby calls 'Faunas'. From what I understand the Faunas are a species of people with animal traits, such as ears, tails or horns. They only ever have one at a time though, and they seem to be the target of this worlds racism, with groups like the White Fang, a faunas activist group, not doing much to better the faunas reputation. The last of the inhabited continents is also the largest, that being Sanus, which houses the kingdoms of Vale, on the eastern end of Sanus, and Vacuo in the west which consists mostly of desert. There is another continent that so far seems uninhabited, it has no official name and it lies north of Sanus, some people tend to refer to it as The Crucible.

Yknow the more I let all this sink in the more I realise just how much there is to unpack here...I should feel alien and foreign in this place...but i feel more at home than i ever have been. Anyways Ruby's home is on the island of Patch, which lies just west of Vale, off the coast of Sanus. Patch lies in what is called the Sea of Souls which lies in between Sanus and The Crucible, almost like this worlds own Mediterranean ocean. This is a lot to take in, but luckily Ruby was able to show me a map.

 This is a lot to take in, but luckily Ruby was able to show me a map