Chapter 14: Musical Morning

(Time for round two! The story resumes! With the return of my chosen opening song for vol.1 of this story, we march on!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person Pov

The rest of the day following Y/n's breakdown had been nothing short of a massive breath of fresh air for the boy. During breakfast and lunch he had a chance to properly introduce himself to Jaunes teammates, with whom he hit it off pretty well. It was at this point they also discovered that the two teams shared some classes together, so using the day they were given they walked around the campus grounds together to find their classes.

No mistake is to be made. Y/n was doing incredibly for the rest of the day. But even with that said he still looked a little worse for wear. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a bit messy...well more than usual, he wasnt very worried about keeping it super tidy. It was also clear he had been crying earlier this morning but he walked around with a content smile nonetheless. Jaune was understandably concerned and took an opportunity while the teams were walking in the halls to pull Y/n aside for a moment, hanging a bit back.

Jaune: "Hey man, are you okay? Not to be rude but you look like...I dont even know. Were you crying?"

Y/n let his gaze shift from Jaune over to Ruby, who was walking ahead and chatting with Pyrrha, they seemed to be getting along well. His smile grew wider, not unnoticed by Jaune, who looked back and forth between the two, trying to figure things out. Y/n spoke before he could though.

Y/n: "Jaune, my good friend...I dont think I've ever been better."

And with that he sped up his pace to rejoin the rest of the group, leaving a puzzled Jaune behind. Eventually though after witnessing Y/n chatting and laughing with everyone, he decided to take the strange boys word for it, and rejoined the group as well.

Currently, Y/n was sitting cross-legged, hovering in the air near Ruby's bed, lost in his own thoughts. It was early in the morning, the sun hadn't even come out yet. Y/n had simply woken up in the middle of the night for quite literally no reason and couldnt fall asleep again. So whilst his teammates were sleeping peacefully, he was awake and waiting for the girls to wake up. Without warning, he shifted into intangibility so that only Ruby could perceive him in any way. There was still a chance of waling her up buuuut....eh what's a little risk every now and then?

He held his hands above his lap, and after focusing for a moment created a square, flat, pad with buttons and dials all over it.

He set the device to its lowest volume and tapped a couple buttons to make some noise before glancing back at Ruby

He set the device to its lowest volume and tapped a couple buttons to make some noise before glancing back at Ruby. Seeing she was still sound asleep, he turned his attention back to the pad.

'What to play' he thought. He sat in silent thought for a moment before a smirk came onto his face. He flicked a few switches, turned a dial and set to work. He sang as well...quietly of course.