V4 Ch2: A Colder Place

The struggle be real
Also from now on im not going to specify a 3rd person pov. Just know if a segment doesn't specify a point of view, its third person.
_________________________________________

Soran POV

The middle of nowhere

Thats exactly where I am. The middle of fucking nowhere. But looking to the night sky, its at least possible to know I'm still on Remnant. The broken moon hangs in the night sky like an old friend, helping me keep my nerves as I've trudged through the dense wood for hours now.

It feels like only a day ago, when I fell from the tower at Beacon. When everything fell apart. When I took another life...

He deserved it...

But looking around at the snow fall I know it has to have been weeks at least. I cant be that far north, if any of what Weiss said is true about Atlas and the frigid hell that surrounds it for miles, i would probably be dead already just from the cold. I just wish there was a landmark, something, anything at all to tell me where I am.

Stopping to rest my legs for a short moment, the snow covered ground makes a cold yet passable place to sit. Uncomfortably cold and in desperate want of some actual clothing, I decide its finally time to figure out what the hell is going on inside of me.

Closing my eyes and steadying my breathing as my head leans back against the tree, I focus my mind inward to the first familiar thing I've seen in a while and breathe a sigh of relief that the mindscape seems to remain unchanged for the most part, and comforted that at least in here, clothes are afforded to me. A simple t-shirt, jeans and boots, but its better than nothing at all.

Cautiously stepping through the grey landscape, im happy to find all my old doorways are still here. Pathways to places I've created in here. Always ready to revisit.

But there also...new ones...four new ones.

Feeling a wave of emotion swell in me, I don't resist the urge to fall to my knees, a tsunami of relief crashing through me and just a few tears to go with them. The doors, they aren't grey like everything else. They're vibrant and powerful colours, imposing and unique against the grey background.

Red.
Yellow.
White.
Black.

Ruby.
Yang.
Weiss.
Blake.

They made these. They're alive. A smile washes over me with the following realization they all still must have those necklaces I made them. That feels like an eternity ago now...

Looking at the doors a while longer, it isn't long before I notice each of them seem to be locked. Padlocks that I don't have the key for and can't make one for. And it looks like they haven't been opened in a while. Except maybe...

The lock on the yellow door that can only be Yangs hangs open on its slot. Its been unlocked recently...very recently.

Collecting myself I pull up to my feet, walking to stand in front of the door. Gently grasping the doorknob, the lock falls off completely. Giving way as I turn the knob and step in through the door, a wall of light filling my vision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying

Until next time