Chapter 17: Grace in the Grey

(Alright were back on track. I think its about time we wrapped up volume 1 eh? I like volume 2 more anyway. Still need to at least try and watch 7...I'm terrible at sitting and watching shows...which is weird because I sit on my ass and read most of the time...oh well. 60 words later. Letsa go.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person Pov

Ruby, Y/n, Blake and Yang were currently all sat in the team RWBY dorm, each doing their own thing. Yang was sat on her bunk cross-legged, tending to her hair. Blake was laying in her bed, reading a book, like usual. Ruby was in her own bunk reading a comic book. And the man of the hour, Y/n, was on his back with his torso half hanging off of Rubys bunk, getting lost in his own thoughts. Weiss was out and about doing whatever.

The dorm was quiet save for Yang lightly humming to herself, and the occasional turn of a page. Y/n was, safe to say, bored out of his mind. It was in this moment that his rollercoaster of a brain graced him with one of the greatest 'shower-thoughts' of his life. And he couldnt help but share it.

Y/n: "Hey rosebud?"

Ruby didnt look away from her comic book as she acknowledged him.

Ruby: "Yeah?"

Y/n: "Are the arms on a chair technically chairs for your arms?"

Ruby dropped her comic down to her lap as she sat up on her bed and looked right at Y/n, who remained in his position, staring off into space as his question rocked the fabric of all that is real...for him at least.

This concerned Ruby a bit and drew Yangs attention as well.

Ruby: "Are you okay?"

Y/n: "Hmm? Yeah I'm good. Sometimes I just think stupid stuff like that. I call em shower-thoughts. Just the dumb questions that make you think for no reason. Why? Am I doing it again?"

Ruby: "A bit yeah."

He sat up on the bed to face her, leaning on his hands.

Y/n: "Oh. Sorry rosebud. I'm fine, really. Probably just bored."

Ruby stated at him for a moment before she, in an attempt to boost his spirits, booped him on the nose.

Ruby: "Boop!"

Y/n couldn't help but smile, and laugh at least a little. Her childish attitude and carefree approach always brought him around. He ruffled her hair as he voiced his thoughts.

Y/n: "I have no idea how you always make me smile like that."

Ruby giggled as she gained a uncharacteristic smug look on her face, deciding to give teasing Y/n a second try.

Ruby: "Who knows? Maybe I just have that effect on you?"

Yang felt a tinge of pride for her little sister, they grow up so fast, but unfortunately for the resident rose however, Y/n was ready since last time and gained his own suggestive look as he leaned towards her and countered.

Y/n: "Oh yeah~? Who knows, maybe you do~."

A critical hit! Wild Ruby is flustered! Y/n couldnt help but laugh as she became a blushing, stuttering mess. Eventually she recovered and pouted at the still laughing Y/n.

Ruby: "Stop laughing! It's not funny!"

Y/n however continued to spasm with laughter, almost falling off the bed. She tried to contain herself but eventually Ruby herself started to smile and laugh at the verbal skirmish.