Chapter 18: Its Okay to be Afraid

(Alright! I am free of the clutches of the outage and ready to deliver chapter 18/the volume 1 finale! I hope you all enjoy, and thank you for 7k reads!!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Team RWBY Dormitory

11 p.m.

Y/n Pov

*Flashback*

Blake: "Well maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!!!"

The way she tried to catch those words after they came out of her mouth told me just how much she never wanted us to hear that.

"I-I...."

Before anyone could even stop her, she ran off. Ruby and I tried to catch up to her, to help her, but she was gone long before we could get to her. Shes probably in Vale by now. Weiss didnt even seem to care, but after the story she told us, I suppose I could understand her apathy at least a small amount. Nonetheless at the moment I wanted nothing to do with her.

*Present*

I was sitting on Ruby's bed looking outside the dorm window at the shattered moon again. I had managed to get Ruby to sleep so that we could look for Blake in the morning. I should probably take my own advice, but I have to admit I'm scared. I dont want to lose this family. All of team RWBY, yes even Weiss, their my family now. And I want the best for them, especially Ruby. But now it all runs the risk of just...falling apart. What if we cant find her? What if she doesnt want to come back? What if Weiss doesnt make up with her? I looked down at the softly snoring Ruby next to me, and brushed part of her hair off her face.

Y/n: "I've done a pretty shit job of holding this family together, havent I?"

???: "I quite disagree."

I quickly and quietly leaped off the bed ,landing on my feet and spinning towards the door, which was now open with a figure standing in the doorway, and summoned a suppressed pistol to my side and taking aim.

???: "Relax Mr. L/n. I have zero intention of harming you or your friends. I hope for my sake I never do."

I snapped put of alert mode when I finally recognized who the voice belonged to. Sneaky little bastard ain't ya Oz? I stood up from my crouch and dismissed my weapon, running a hand through my hair. I think its grown a bit...

Y/n: "Sorry professor...tonight's been rough. I wasnt expecting you."

He stepped further into the room so he was in the moonlight and visible, still in his normal suit and his can by his side.

Ozpin: "Yes I'm well aware. Apologies for my sudden entry, but I felt you could use someone to talk to."

I chuckled quietly.

Y/n: "Well I guess it's a good thing the girls are such heavy sleepers nowadays...care to join me?"

I summoned a couple chairs in front of the window so that we could at least have a view while we talked.

Ozpin: "Thank you."

Ws took our seats and looked out the window for a little while. It was quiet, very quiet, save for the occasional snore from Yang. My mind eventually started to wander again...I just hope that wherever Blake is, shes alright. I may not know her super well, and she may not know it, but all four of them are family to me. I'd do anything to keep them safe. Some more than others but...that's besides the point. Ozpin broke the silence, and my trance of thought at once.