(small) V2 Ch7: Pre-Party

(Ok, this chapter as well as the next one will be much shorter than normal. This is because I will be on my little trip back home and my writing time will be limited. It actually works out because there isnt a huge amount to cover right here. But we are almost through volume 2 now. Mega hyped for volume 3.)
-----------------‐----------------------------------------------------

3rd Person Pov

Beacon Courtyard

Ruby: "Wait, you already got her to wanna go?"

Y/n and Ruby were currently lounging casually on a bench in Beacons massive courtyard, regularly chatting seeing as they had nothing particular to do.

Y/n: "Well more than just me. Yang showed up after I walked off and I assume they had a good chat. Good enough that they dont want us in the ballroom."

That was actually true. After whatever else happened the night prior, Yang had recruited Blake in helping to put together preparations for the dance. It was fairly easy to assume they had something special in mind, seeing as they were going to extreme lengths to make sure nobody went in during setup.

Ruby: "Yeah I guess. Not gonna lie I'm kinda scared of whatever they have in mind. You?"

Y/n: "Terrified. I cant even imagine all the crap those three could pull if they put their minds to it."

???: "If that's truly the case, then I can only imagine what apocalypse may come around if the five of you were to do exactly that "

The attention of both students was stolen by none other than Beacons' resident headmaster, and overall bundle of philosophy, with mug of coffee in hand, Professor Ozpin himself. His reception was pretty predictable.

Ruby: "Hi Professor!"

Y/n: "Sup Oz."

Amused slightly by the difference in energies, Ozpin chuckled to himself before speaking.

Ozpin: "Good afternoon you two. I suppose I can assume our resident 'mystery students' are enjoying the day?"

The duo met eyes, before shrugging at the same time and responding.

Ruby: "Yeah. I guess."

Y/n: "What about you? You seem pretty chipper today yourself. Oh, here have a seat."

In a mess of shadows another bench appeared in front of the one they were lounging on, allowing Ozpin to have a seat while they talked.

Ozpin: "Thank you Y/n. And yes I suppose I'm in brighter spirits today. It's hard not to be on one beautiful as this. Tell me, are you two excited for the dance?"

Ruby groaned a bit in slight annoyance.

Ruby: "Yeah...just not looking forward to walking around in those stupid heels..."

Y/n snickered at Ruby, ruffling her hair. Why did he ruffle her hair? Cause he felt like it.

Y/n: "Oh relax Rosebud. If it gets bad I can always just make you some shoes to switch into. It ain't hard."

Ruby: "You arent the one who has to walk around in them! Dont make me stuff you into a tuxedo!"

Immediately his entertainment left, instead replaced by legitimate dread at the concept.

Y/n: "Ok let's not get crazy!"

The duo were reminded of the headmaster's presence by a short few laughs at their antics. And you cant really fault him. It's certainly funny to watch the way that the two interact at times. Finishing his round of laughter, the headmaster spoke up, fishing around in his coat pocket for something.